What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun_0710

At Learning Steps
I have system configuration of Intel Celeron 1.0ghz, Intel 810 chipset, 2*128 ram, with windows xp(sp2). I used to hibernate my system often, as it saves a lot of my time. the problem now is whenever i hibernate my system, it goes fine but the next time i start my sys. it does not start, it neither even shows the boot screen. the power comes for a few sec, the processor fan starts and then it goes back.
I tried with checking my smps to be the faulty one but the smps is working fine with my friend sys.

So, is the prob now with my mobo or processor? plz help me out of the prob.:confused::???::(

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I think when restarting ur pc grom hibernated state, there is not enough space on RAM to load the files stored on the HDD. Increase the RAM and check again if u can.

moshel

Padawan
just turn off ur PC (even from the electrical socket) for a good 5-6 hours then try...

u cud try by removing the CMOS battery also...even though the chances of that creating a problem is less....but nothing bad in trying it.

OP
arun_0710

arun_0710

At Learning Steps
I tried shutting down my pc, in this process there is no problem faced while restarting, the prob occurs only when it is either hibernated or it is shut down by ctrl+shutdown option from windows task manager. while the problem occurs no option works but only leaving the pc as it is for 2-3 hrs. and then start again. I have cheked the cmos-battery, smps, ram all of them., all r in good state n working fine.

anand1

In the zone
Have you installed any hardware or uninstalled any of the software?

It seems there is some system file change, go for running system file checker utility.

Last edited:
OP
arun_0710

arun_0710

At Learning Steps
no, i had not done any kind of a hardware or software change, rather i tried to solve the prob by installing windows xp(sp2) again thinking of it may be a software prob, but the prob still continuesssss...............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom