What's the exact problem?

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Hi Friends,

While Playing any movie or CS 1.6 my Keyboard + Mouse just freezes and only the screen shows the movements and the DVD Drive starts running at its full speed.

I've the temporary solution for it- i.e. I removed my RAM and rubbed it with pencil eraser and then with the cloth for 5min each. And after that there is no problem as mentioned above.

This is happening with me ever month, so can anyone what is the exact problem.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I guess it's memory problems. Better get new RAM sticks. And don't go for all this Dynet or Zion and stuff... get some Transcend or Kingston.

rkneo11

Broken In
I used to have the same problem, i changed the RAM but to no avail. I changed the PSU and then everything was fine again...

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I'll first try to run my PC on my frnd's Branded RAM. Also what will be the reason for the RAM to behave like this?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Out of curiosity (since I observed this on newer transcend/kingston jetram/value rams), those copper interface on the ram, do they still have the same "shine" as it was new or do they have some rust/bit corroded/colour being faded.

Next time when you post, do a memtest86+ run for about 4-5 hours and let me know if there are any issues. But before that make sure you are using good enough power supply or else chances are there that the problem might increase during stress testing.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^thanks.

Last night I ran Memtest 86+ for 5hours, it went till phase 4 and didn't show any error.
Today morning I ran another Memtest (not memtest86), it was Memtest and it started showing me many errors from 0.6% and till 17% the error's were 700.

The copper interface on the RAM has turned blackish...if we look at the RAM from 90degree angle the copper interface looks as like of new ram, and if we look at the RAM from any other angle it shows a blackish surface.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I WAS SHOCKED BY THE FOLLOWING OBSERVATION :

I ran my PC on a friend's RAM...but still the problem was faced. So which component is making the problem?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Two symptoms totally unrelated.

Machine freezing: Could be of RAM or PSU. b/w what is ur avg. system temperature? and what is it when the system freezes?

DVD ROM spinning: How and why? Does it spin only when there are discs in it or even if the drive is empty it spins? Why would the system try to access the DVD ROM all of a sudden?

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
The average temperature of my system is 45 - 42min and 45 - 47max. And whenever I run any game, any Xvid movie, any HD Movie the system freezes and temperature rises up to 58 degree.

as the system freezes the DVD-LED starts blinking very fast and the cursor arrow shows CD cursor. It spins even when the disk drive is empty.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I only hooked my RAM into my frnd's PC and his RAM into my PC. But my friend is playing games like [PROTOTYPE], Crysis Warhead, World Of Warcraft on my RAM without any trouble. But still I can't run any application on his RAM.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I've Local "Circle" PSU of 400W. Are you talking about my motherboard?

I've made the video, have a look over it.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Ggy6_GJRw

Last edited:
Top Bottom