What will happen if i dont use my tataphoton dongle for 2yrs

webdesigncut

Journeyman
Hello friends,
I did buy a tata photon dongle almost 2yrs back.. but after using it for couple of months .. i stopped using it .. as i dont need it at the moment since i use vodafone Internet pack.. but the problem is i got calls almost 500 times.. yes i mean 500times from tata photon customer service from saltlake office .. that they have this plan and that plan and bla bla bla.. i have told them tht i dont need it at present but might need it in future..today one guy told me if u don't use it for long .. eventually u will end up loosing the dongle .. which will be of no use in future.. so either reactivate it or sell it top ur frnds

i need your opinion on this.. has anyone faced same issue before? or this is just spam??

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I had it idle for around 1 year. Then reactivated it with a 1 GB Pack for a while as my BSNL Connection was down.

Tata photon is the most absolute piece of crap i have had the misfortune of handling. Erratic speeds, Complicated activation procedure. Its so much better to buy a 3g Sim and a reliable dongle which can server dual purpose of 3g in phone and dongle when needed.

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
ya one of my friend also told me its better to buy airtel sim and dongle .. as it has the option to use 2g and 3g at the same time and as u said u can use same sim for both mobile and dongle!..
i don't think tata photon plus has that option?..

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
ya one of my friend also told me its better to buy airtel sim and dongle .. as it has the option to use 2g and 3g at the same time and as u said u can use same sim for both mobile and dongle!..
i don't think tata photon plus has that option?..

yeah photon doesnt have that option. anyways i think dongles are redundant nowadays after android hotspot functionalitum whenever my broadband is down i just activate the hotspot of my 3g mobile and browse on desktop

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
yes thts wht i use with my vodafone sim :p .. for me when broadband down i just use the mobile as modem and thts it .. u are gud to go.. :-D...2g ...3g whichever u choose.. simply recharge .. and keep surfing from ur desktop or from mobile or from laptop

btw i just saw your link in footer.. did u took those pictures? if yes u got some cool talent man ;)

Top Bottom