what to do to do JAVA ??? :-@

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
hi... i want to learn java... plz tell me which compiler(like turboC for C) should i download for it n frm where .....
also refer some good books or sites....

prateek_saxena

Right off the assembly line
You can download the compiler called Eclipse from their site that is eclipse.org. It is 103 mb so it is a bit to heavy but still. A godd book can be Thinking In Java by Bruce Eckel

sakumar79

Technomancer
J2SE SDK is the compiler. What you probably want is IDE (Integrated Development Environment) wherein you can write the program, compile it and test it and finally prepare it for distribution. Eclipse can be used for this, or you can try Sun One Studio... There are a couple of other good free IDEs available that you can reach by searching on www.download.com - some are more bare, leading to a smaller download size but a slightly larger learning curve...

Thinking in Java is a great book for those who have decent knowledge but a really tough book to use for beginners... If you have knowledge of C++, go for TIJ... If not, try some other site such as *java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ where I found a pretty good and easy to learn tutorial (available for download also)

Arun

ApoCalypse

Broken In
Hey!!
I think for a beginning try and stick to lighter IDE's like Edit plus or something...for that matter even coding in Notepad is not bad
In this case you'll need to download a java development kit from Sun Java's website

*java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Later on maybe you can move on to Ide's like Eclipse or NetBeans

As far as books are concerned if you want to buy them then Java 2: A complete Reference is ideal...otherwise there are several online tutorials and e-books that are available for free download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom