1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

what to do to do JAVA ??? :-@

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by tweety_bird_bunny, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweety_bird_bunny

tweety_bird_bunny New Member

hi... i want to learn java... plz tell me which compiler(like turboC for C) should i download for it n frm where .....
    also refer some good books or sites....

2. prateek_saxena

prateek_saxena New Member

You can download the compiler called Eclipse from their site that is eclipse.org. It is 103 mb so it is a bit to heavy but still. A godd book can be Thinking In Java by Bruce Eckel

3. vinaypatel

vinaypatel New Member

thanks a lot

4. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

J2SE SDK is the compiler. What you probably want is IDE (Integrated Development Environment) wherein you can write the program, compile it and test it and finally prepare it for distribution. Eclipse can be used for this, or you can try Sun One Studio... There are a couple of other good free IDEs available that you can reach by searching on www.download.com - some are more bare, leading to a smaller download size but a slightly larger learning curve...

Thinking in Java is a great book for those who have decent knowledge but a really tough book to use for beginners... If you have knowledge of C++, go for TIJ... If not, try some other site such as http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ where I found a pretty good and easy to learn tutorial (available for download also)

Arun

5. ApoCalypse

ApoCalypse New Member

Hey!!
    I think for a beginning try and stick to lighter IDE's like Edit plus or something...for that matter even coding in Notepad is not bad
    In this case you'll need to download a java development kit from Sun Java's website

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Later on maybe you can move on to Ide's like Eclipse or NetBeans

As far as books are concerned if you want to buy them then Java 2: A complete Reference is ideal...otherwise there are several online tutorials and e-books that are available for free download

6. mako_123

mako_123 New Member

For beginners "Java Programming A Primer " by Balaguruswamy is a very good book .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.