What programming language and book for a 13 yo student

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hello

Which the most easy programming language to learn first for a 13 year old student

It should be a good widely used language easy for a teenager and start to learn programming

Also suggest some good books to start with

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What ate the good books.. easy to understand for indian 13 year old student
Best to start with the basics on the site I linked above to get a feel for the language. Get a book only if learning online is problematic because of lack of internet or something.

In the latter case, Head First series of books are some of the best for beginners. For python there is a Head First Python book.

Edit: These books are kind of expensive though, so see if you can get these second hand if you can.

Edit2: The book: *www.amazon.in/Head-First-Python-Brain-Friendly-Guide/dp/9352134826/

It costs 950 Rupees, it's also 2016 edition, but should still be relevant I think.

Last edited:

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Or just purchase whichever book your school curriculum dictates to kill 2 birds with a single shot. Python would be easy to learn, though if you wanna get into making games learn C#(unity) or C++(unreal).

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hello

Which the most easy programming language to learn first for a 13 year old student

It should be a good widely used language easy for a teenager and start to learn programming

Assuming the kid is in school, checkout whats in school curriculum (to be taught in future). It would probably be C.

Start with that, he would need to learn programming discipline first.
Python is too free spirited.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
No the student does not have any computer subject for programming..

Just to make him introduced to programming and computer langugaue..

That is the main aim

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No the student does not have any computer subject for programming..

Just to make him introduced to programming and computer langugaue..

That is the main aim
Get the Head First Python book I mentioned in my post. Use the Amazon link and choose the look inside feature to see a sample of the pages. You will then know why these are some of the best books for beginners.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Hello

Considering a 13-year-old, I hope s(he) has been taught QBasic in his 5th or 6th grade. If not, then u can teach him/her QBasic first as it gives an idea that what programming is really like.

After QBasic, You can move to VisualBasic. OR python as per your choice, But i Consider VisualBasic first then python.

Once s(he) expertise in python, You can move to Ruby or alike.

My younger brother was taught the same way in his school.

You can easily get QBasic from QBasic cafe, And of course, you will have to use it with like DosBox.

As Far As Material is concerned, QBasic can be learned from any IT book Like KIPS IT books for class 5th or sixth.
Visual basic tutorials are available on w3school or tutorials point.
For python, you can check out Google Python class, provided s(he) knows QBasic as, through it, s(he) will be able to learn basics like Strings, Variables etc.

This will take 1.5-2 years.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello

Python programming A modular Approach - even though it's mentioned as first edition you shall get the 6th ( 2019 ) edition. I got one in the beginning of this year from FK

Top Bottom