• Ban ithehappy for 4 days, warning for kkn13

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Ban kkn13 for 4 days, warning for ithehappy

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Ban of 4 days for both

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Warning for both

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Others. Please mention or PM what action should be taken.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Considering no two people in this forum can't have a civil discussion together, I've decided to open this thread.

Now, this is the thread I'm talking about - *www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/189102-android-phone-22k.html

Background: Both users have a background of petty arguments lately, so this calls for action now. IMO action should be based on the posted thread only as both users have been punished adequately for previous notoriety. If you don't feel so or disagree, you can consider "recent" previous notoriety if you want.

The members for this forum should decide the action themselves.

Read both pages of the posted thread and tell me what to do.

Few important things to consider:
1) Namecalling is punishable.
2) Intention matters. Argument is fine as long as the poster wants to help the OP instead of proving himself right.

The poll is up.

Off to sleep.

Krow

Crowman
Permaban ithehappy. He's been trolling for as long as I can remember.

In this case, ithehappy started personal attacks on kkn. It's fine to criticise the post but to curse the poster without provocation is wrong. Haven't seen other arguments between these two people, so can't comment on those.

PS: In the thread linked above, ithehappy is talking nonsense as usual. Nexus 5 has pretty good build quality. Not sure how it compares with Lenovo, but Nexus' build is certainly not bad.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, I voted for the first option. Forum rules are violated(again). This is not the first time though. Too much trolling, name calling etc.

Last edited:
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
History doesn't matter. Only recent activity should matter.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I don't think kkn13 deserves any ban going by his posts. When some one lunges at you, you are bound to defend only.

I wish we have mute option for a user. Suppose I spam too much, a moderator would mute my threads. The action would be that I could see my posts but not others, and the troll will not be fed.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think kkn13 deserves any ban going by his posts. When some one lunges at you, you are bound to defend only.

I wish we have mute option for a user. Suppose I spam too much, a moderator would mute my threads. The action would be that I could see my posts but not others, and the troll will not be fed.
We have mute option. We don't use it often.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
one is a kid, another is a freaking adult that acts like a kid..
seriously man, grow up :lol: the best option to handle toxicity is the ignore button, im sure Dota 2/League players will understand :D
ive already given my vote

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
While it's impossible to ignore past, still in all faireness, ithehappy is the one which derailed the thread in other direction. So that's that.

[MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION]: I hope you are not like this guy:

Warning: End might not be suitable for everyone. Discretion advised.
Remember Me on Vimeo

Champ

.NET Guru
Just looking at the post, I might have permanently banned ithehappy, The language being used in not at all within the decency limit !!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
what if after Banning for 4 days the same thing happens again ?

I suggest a warning for both and then u know what to do ;)

if u don't like or feel some thing inappropriate just press the report button & don't fight back which will ignite a flame war

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yea, it's a warning for both [MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION].

I'm not even interested in banning either of them. This thread was only created for them to realise that these petty arguments don't get us anywhere.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom