what kind of vista it is..why free to download legally ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
Download Free Copies of Windows Vista - Microsoft Invitation

Windows Vista description Download

Windows Vista is now available for IT professionals and developers with MSDN and TechNet subscriptions. In the coming weeks, Microsoft will start the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program (CPP) for developers and IT professionals who are not members of the subscription services.

Windows Vista comes with a breakthrough user experience and is designed to help you feel confident in your ability to view, find, and organize information and to control your computing experience.

*news.softpedia.com/news/Download-Free-Copies-of-Windows-Vista-Microsoft-Invitation-56576.shtml

download links........

*www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Windows-Vista.shtml

what's difference with other editions of vista ?
why its only 700 mb ?

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
looks suspicious !!

Plz check b4 download !!

^^^ ohh SORRY !!

look at this ..

Requirements:

· A virtualization product that supports the VHD format is required to use this virtual machine. Microsoft Virtual PC or Microsoft Virtual Server are provided for free and can be used with these VHD based virtual machines.

So, it's a "virtual machine".

But still is it legal ???

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
VHD or rather its a Installed Copy of Windows Vista in Microsoft Virtual PC format :)

and yes it is downloadble, how ever it will work only for 30days :)

There are many OS in this downloadble format, Check here,

Run IT on a Virtual Hard Disk

and about Size, as it varis depending of choise of ur download... !! with Vista here are the details, *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...37-d4d1-4b9b-926d-86493c7da1aa&DisplayLang=en

Download Size, 158.8 MB - 1558.8 MB*

System Requirement said:
In addition to the System Requirements for the virtualization product, you will need additional disk and memory resources for running the virtual machine. This VHD is pre-configured to use approximately 10GB of hard disk space and approximately 1024MB of memory.

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...37-d4d1-4b9b-926d-86493c7da1aa&DisplayLang=en

njoy :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@mkmkmk

Preffer installating ur own copy of Windows in VPC format rather downloading the 30days trial of the installed copy !!! :)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Virtual PC. Its a software virtualization solution by Microsoft.Its free to use. Basically you can install OS on a OS through it. But so far I have not succeeded in installing linux on it. :D :-(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@enticer86

What are u talking about ??

in earlier days when there were no Boardband, many of us here, used to download GBs of Data using CDMA connection !!! if thats possible, then whats wrong with AirTel ?? i hear AirTel speeds are not so bad !!! and if u are in a narrow Band connection of AirTel, chanses are u r on Unlimited, so, just put them on any Download Manager and come back after whole day :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Quiz_Master said:
Virtual PC. Its a software virtualization solution by Microsoft.Its free to use. Basically you can install OS on a OS through it. But so far I have not succeeded in installing linux on it.
i tried ubuntu n slax but due to lack of system resources it did not load

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@iMav

there are limitation of Virtual PC, Like No 64bit OS will run... and though officially virtual PC does support Linux, but me to were unable to load Fedora Core 6 !!! My system to meet the requirement but still, Virtual PC was unable to show the FOnts properlly at Start up of the FC 6 :( so i couldnt proceed !!!

Where as I run FC 6 fine with VMare !!!!

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Choto Cheeta said:
@mkmkmk

Preffer installating ur own copy of Windows in VPC format rather downloading the 30days trial of the installed copy !!! :)

yeah i will prefer my own copy of vista,i think this virtual thing is not my cup of tea...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@mkmkmk

VPC is very very good for Testing purpose... it wont heart if u do some thing worng in VPC :p as with Physical installation if u go heywire :p u would b in trouble...

That's why i said, use VPC but rather than downloading already installed copy of a OS, Run VPC in ur Windows, then install the OS by ur self in VPC, as in that way u would get many advantage over that 30 day limited copy !!!

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Choto Cheeta said:
@mkmkmk

VPC is very very good for Testing purpose... it wont heart if u do some thing worng in VPC :p as with Physical installation if u go heywire :p u would b in trouble...

That's why i said, use VPC but rather than downloading already installed copy of a OS, Run VPC in ur Windows, then install the OS by ur self in VPC, as in that way u would get many advantage over that 30 day limited copy !!!

k i will try this...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom