What is the safe voltage for Processor and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,
First of all i am sorry if this is repeated else where in the forum. I tried searching about RAM and CPU voltages, but finally created a new Thread for this.
I want to know what is the optimum or safe voltage for the RAM and Processor. I am not overclocking my system, but it is slightly overclocked by ASUS Motherboard.
Processor i am using is : Q6600 Version G0
RAM : Corsair XMS2 2 x 1GB Sticks 800MHz.
Motherboard : Asus Maximus Formula
I used the following tools. Everest Ultimate Edition, PC Wizard and ASUS PC Probe II for getting the voltage values.
Following images show the voltage of CPU, RAM in my system, are these voltages ok (no overclocking).

Image 1:
*img518.imageshack.us/img518/4986/asuspcprobeandpcwizard.png

Image 2:
*img518.imageshack.us/img518/4647/pcwizardram.png

Image 3:
*img518.imageshack.us/img518/5986/systemtemperatureandvol.png

Are these voltages fine. In the last image the DIMM voltage is shown as 2V and DIMM VT as 0.99V.
In the second image, the PC Wizard shows the Voltage as SSTL 1.8V.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If its on automatic- dont bother. Besides you are using cm extreme so I wouldnt risk it considering a lot of issues with it.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1047349#post1047349
Better off reading this thread where allready I said about the reality of cm extreme series psu (My comments start from second page) and proven that the source of damaging components (in the OP's case, ati 4850) was infact the psu.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
@The Sorcerer

I went through that post, found that CM extreme Power 600 is a culprit for HD4850 card.

Does that also mean that if i add a new Graphics Card either GTS250 or GTX260 card, the PSU will be in a bottle neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom