what is the minimum hardware requirements to get most of the android version updates

andi

Right off the assembly line
I'm planning to buy an android mobile in the future. There are many new companies coming with similar hardware configuration like the 'giants':cool: in cheap price. ex: 1 GHz processor 1 GB ram etc. And I think in the coming years the price for similar configuration will become affordable. But the new offers and models and companies are introducing new exiting offers in every day. I'm planning to buy something that should be able to grab most of the android OS upgrades that is getting better and better :razz:in the future. Then what is the minimum hardware requirements that require to get the maximum upgrades? I'm not mentioning the price range, there will be similar configuration become affordable in the recent future.:-?

ajaymailed

In the zone
nexus is probably the best bet. But Nexus One too was upgraded to only Gingerbread. Take any popular hi end smartphone, make sure it has lot of Custom ROM Support, root the phone & upgrade it.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Get the latest Nexus-branded phone. It gets official updates for 2 years... and then custom ROM support for as long as the hardware supports it...

mastervk

In the zone
There is no minimum hardware requirement.It depends upon company.Most of the company releases updates only for flagship products.
Google nexus might get all updates.

clmlbx

Technomancer
I will say minimum requirements should be 1 GHZ A9 processor 1GB ram.. 4-4+ inch screen..16GB to store Data.. to properly enjoy Android

OP
A

andi

Right off the assembly line
nexus is probably the best bet. But Nexus One too was upgraded to only Gingerbread. Take any popular hi end smartphone, make sure it has lot of Custom ROM Support, root the phone & upgrade it.

Thanks for reply. Can you provide Nexus specifications and Price:razz:

josin

In the zone
What's that name???? Oh, Nexus, yeah, you need a Nexus.

LOL......:) to be more specific Nexus 4 by LG, Get it and enjoy ur life with it. I am just waiting for it. But let me tell you one thing that if you want squeeze out all the fun from from your android get familiar with the terms like rooting, over clocking, custom kernel, XDA, Cyanogen, :)-) ) etc

Top Bottom