what is bootable c.d????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@knuwar bootable cd's are the cd's that contain your bootable files for your OS.. there are certain files that are req for booting your system.. for eg in dos there is MSDOS.sys,command.com and io.sys.. without these 3 bootable files u cant load the DOS.. like that there are files for windows too.. a bootable cd is also a installation cd.. like win98.. so to put it finally the cd's that have the bootable files for ur os :D

as for mods.. they are just mods leave it at that :D

godsownman

Padawan
bharathbala2003 said:
@knuwar bootable cd's are the cd's that contain your bootable files for your OS.. there are certain files that are req for booting your system.. for eg in dos there is MSDOS.sys,command.com and io.sys.. without these 3 bootable files u cant load the DOS.. like that there are files for windows too.. a bootable cd is also a installation cd.. like win98.. so to put it finally the cd's that have the bootable files for ur os :D

as for mods.. they are just mods leave it at that :D

In short if you want to start your computer in Dos instead of Windows you have to use a bootable CD or create a floppy.This floppy or CD contains the files required to smoothly start and run your computer in DOS.

You can say moderators are like the supervisors bcoz they keep a watch on all the users and their posts .

They have certain powers which we as users do not have .

tuxfan

Technomancer
You don't need a bootable CD to start in DOS mode if you have Win98. Just press F8 while machine is starting. It will throw up a menu. Select Command Prompt.

swatkat

Technomancer
Bootable CDs are the CDs which contain a bare minimum Operating System (like DOS) in the First Sector of the CD ROM.
The boot files should be present in First Sector only, because BIOS hands over the control to the program residing in the first 512 bytes in the First Sector.
By making a CD as Bootable, you can start your Computer without the help of Computer's OS. For this you have to change the "First boot Device" option to CDROM in the BIOS.

Mods a.k.a Moderators are the users who have some more powers than you and me, through which they make sure that Forum is clean (i.e they take care of spam, illegal discussions and anything that violates rule)!

krisjr

In the zone
swatkat said:
Bootable CDs are the CDs which contain a bare minimum Operating System (like DOS) in the First Sector of the CD ROM.
The boot files should be present in First Sector only, because BIOS hands over the control to the program residing in the first 512 bytes in the First Sector.
By making a CD as Bootable, you can start your Computer without the help of Computer's OS. For this you have to change the "First boot Device" option to CDROM in the BIOS.

hi ter,
well if its bootable floppy..and i hav to start my comp,ten ido i hav to change my first boot section to Flooppy or wat in the bios..
let me know.
tx

swatkat

Technomancer
Yes, if you want to boot from Floppy, you have to change the "First Boot Device" in BIOS to "Floppy".

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Of course, most newer motherboards ALSO support the F8 / Esc functions themselves so you can get a boot choice from which you can select to boot into the floppy, hard disk, CDROM, network or USB drive without having to change the BIOS settings at all. You gotta keep tapping the F8/Esc key as soon as the BIOS initializes to get to the Boot Selection screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom