What is 24FPS in ANIMATION INDUSTRY

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVB RAJU

Broken In
Please tell me what is 24FPS in Animation Industry. Generally, Animation students speak about 24FPS and if their animation programme is selected to 24FPS, they proudly say that their animation programme is selected for 24FPS. I heard this word (24 FPS) IN MAAC (MAYA aCADEMY OF aDVANCED cINEMATICS) (WWW.MAACINDIA.COM AND EMAIL:ARUNAK@MAACINDIA.COM) . Can any student of MAAC explain this and the history of 24FPS and other details.
bye

slugger

Banned
arrre yaar u shud have tried GOOGLE b4 postin

chal RAJU bhai is baar tere liye maine hi tera kaam kar diya
dis will tell u abt 24FPS

shaunak

Tux Fan
24 FPS Stands for 24 Frames Per Second

It is considered to be the minimum frequency of displaying frames required to create the optical illusion of smooth unhindered motion thus used as a general standard in the animation indusrty.

Generally 12 FPS is considered to be the bare minimum. It is used where movie size is a concern [ie webpages.]

Your eye can "hold" images for 0.1 seconds. This is called persistance of vision. Thus is 10 images are flashed across your eyes in a second they will "overlap" and cause the sensetion of animation. 12 to be safe.

^^ This should give your something to google on ^^

slugger

Banned
shaunak said:
24 FPS Stands for 24 Frames Per Second

It is considered to be the minimum frequency of displaying frames required to create the optical illusion of smooth unhindered motion thus used as a general standard in the animation indusrty.

Generally 12 FPS is considered to be the bare minimum. It is used where movie size is a concern [ie webpages.]

^^ This should give your something to google on ^^

dat was nice but his query involved a +MAAC string

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Generally speaking, film movies have 24 fps and digital movies have 30fps. Converting digital movies to 24fps is supposed to give a theatre like feeling.

I may be wrong and I am not a video expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom