What do you think of this Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
*www.pc-treiber.net/reviews/asrockuser/presse/asrock/alive/alivenf5sli-1394_s.JPGAsrock Alive NF5SLI-1394

I'm going to change from Intel to AMD because I believe that Intel are just WAY too expensive now compared to AMD, I can get the 9500 Phenom for just under £150.00 so It would make more sense than sticking with Intel:)

Thanks for all your help in helping come to the AMD decision after days of reviewing mobo's and Cpu's to best suit me and my budget ;)

Pathik

Google Bot
Wrong decision.. Now isn't the time to choose amd for high end rigs.

OP
sg1

sg1

Wrong decision.. Now isn't the time to choose amd for high end rigs.

yes the best time will be around june-july
What's so special about June/July? :confused: Some amazing NEW high spec CPU from Intel or something? If we all kept waiting for the better processors to come out, then we would never upgrade because it changes pretty much from one month to the next!!!:)

Ps: I bet you are both Intel Fanboys? :)

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
by that time DDR 3 boards will become a primary choice.i cant say abt ram prices but this is going to happen.
+ phenom prices will fall
think about asus/msi board because this board does not seem to have any reviews at all

OP
sg1

sg1

by that time DDR 3 boards will become a primary choice.i cant say abt ram prices but this is going to happen.
+ phenom prices will fall
think about asus/msi board because this board does not seem to have any reviews at all

YES no doubt you are 100% correct... but then a few months later AM3 will be the popular choice, so where does it end??

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
it doesn't matter if AM3 comes out.phenom is good but this motherboard will last only till november.AMD already has plans to shift to DDR3 and i think Socket F in mid 2008 .if u can upgrade then...i m also waiting for Foxconn Blackops
if u still wanna buy a mobo now make sure u get MSI or ASUS.nobody knows if this board is good.or find a review first before choosing.

Also Intel is cheaper than AMD and better of course.i'm not an intel fanboy but Q6600 is faster than Phenom 9700 in almost all results
perhaps u could just buy E8200 and overclock it
Source-
*www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html

Last edited:
OP
sg1

sg1

it doesn't matter if AM3 comes out.phenom is good but this motherboard will last only till november.
Why will it only last till November? It will be able to run the AM3 CPU's!!!

OK..... it won't have all the AM3 features enabled as an AM3 board would have but still... it means the board I selected won't be ready for the scrapheap just yet!!!

As for the memory(RAM) everyone said how GREAT DDRII was going to be over DDR but there's not much in it really!! So how do you know the DDRIII is going to OUTPERFORM DDRII significantly??

Don't get me wrong.... I apprieciate your views and opinions ,but just because something isn't right at the forefront of modern technology- don't make it a non worthwhile choice.

By the way I have fitted two of these boards for people as have two of my friends who own their own PC repair bussiness's (they've done a few more than me!!) so maybe I should write a review or two for this board because I/they haven't had any complaints/comebacks yet!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.