What do you think about a security smartphone that is based on its hardware

Margot Vizarreta Espinoza

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone! My name is Margot and I would like to know what do you think of a security smartphone that works based on its hardware. It has switches that allow the user to physically disconnect the GPS, the camera, the microphone, and the gallery of photos and videos.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes, It doesn't exist yet but It can.Technology is improving very fast, so everything can exist if you have the idea of how it can works. That's why I am asking what do you think about the idea.
Will make the phone clunky. OEMs are doing away even with essential hardware buttons. Camera shutter has disappeared, back, home, menu, recents buttons have been implemented on screen.
Having a physical button to switch off camera, mic, gps would be going backwards. What actually needed is Project Ara version 2 where the entire phone would've been modular and the rom compilation/installation would just be like installing Windows on a PC.

Last edited:
OP
M

ok, but it is a security smartphone, even it has many switches, it can be fixed with a good design development. I think the most important is that you can control your smartphone's privacy.

OP
M

I have a product, but I can't promote here because I can get banned. Just want to know what the people think about that kind of smartphone. Thank you for your answers.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have a product, but I can't promote here because I can get banned. Just want to know what the people think about that kind of smartphone. Thank you for your answers.
You can contact the mods before posting a promotion for a product. If they allow it, you won't be banned. Contact @ico, @whitestar_999, @dashing.sujay or @RCuber.

PS: if its another phone for selfie-tards, please don't post. :p

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
When you said, you would get banned, I thought you could get banned by the owner of the company for which you are discussing. You won't get banned for posting somewhere here, if you tell us beforehand.

So what have you got??

OP
M

When you said, you would get banned, I thought you could get banned by the owner of the company for which you are discussing. You won't get banned for posting somewhere here, if you tell us beforehand.

So what have you got??
Really?! wow that's awesome. Can I share my link too?

OP
M

When you said, you would get banned, I thought you could get banned by the owner of the company for which you are discussing. You won't get banned for posting somewhere here if you tell us beforehand.

So what have you got??
ok, I am working on a project that will be launched in about ten days on Indiegogo. The name of the project is PRIVAT, this is a new anti-hacking smartphone which through a patented hardware system protects the photos, videos, GPS locations, microphones, and cameras from going to the cloud or being stolen. It also avoids intrusion from hackers into the system resources. It is very convenient for politicians, businessmen, artists and in general to anyone who wants to keep safe the information on their smartphones.

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Are you talking about any of the following?

PrivatOS - Wikipedia

UnaOS - Private, Reliable and Secure Android Smartphone

Blackphone

Top Bottom