What do i need, a wrench or a spanner?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hey fellas, sorry for putting this out here, but couldn't find any place wherein it would fit lol.

Thing is i regularly need to fix these things, like on a bi-monthly basis or something and without proper tools it's impossible. And each time I have to pay the forever increasing and now exorbitant service charge to the plumbers and other servicemen, which i do not like and also annoying.

I know that I've to buy a wrench or some spanner or something but as i have no idea about these I'm asking beforehand buying.

This is one tap from our kitchen loft tank, the very small screw in the very centre needs a tightening every other month. And the other as you can see is the underside of a water purifier which needs to unscrewed every month. And i have disgustingly soft (or girly maybe?) hands that i can't even unscrew this thing lol.

*photos.app.goo.gl/4ZPJzNevKyPg1SaU6
*photos.app.goo.gl/NHS5VQGSJhSorPUv6

I found some adjustable wrench/spanners on Amazon (Tata, Taparia, Stanley etc.) which looks like could open these type of screws/valves but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
wrench are spanner basically the same thing. What is the difference between a wrench and a spanner? What do they have in common? - Quora
You need one for the first one. Just get any adjustable one. Hardware shop would be cheaper than amazon.

Second looks like its to be opened with hand. I can't guess its size, but a spanner might be able to get its jaws around it, if its not big. Measure diameter, compare with spanner.
If you can't unscrew, try a cloth to get a firmer grip, apply some machine oil in the gap maybe

icebags

Technomancer
wrench is adjustable, therefore more useful for all purpose job. spanners are of fixed size, but have the advantage of having a smaller head. i would recommend to get a wrench. or if spanner is necessary, you may need to get a set of different sizes.

take a visit to the tools market or the hardware shop, and take a look.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
wrench are spanner basically the same thing. What is the difference between a wrench and a spanner? What do they have in common? - Quora
You need one for the first one. Just get any adjustable one. Hardware shop would be cheaper than amazon.

Second looks like its to be opened with hand. I can't guess its size, but a spanner might be able to get its jaws around it, if its not big. Measure diameter, compare with spanner.
If you can't unscrew, try a cloth to get a firmer grip, apply some machine oil in the gap maybe
Thanks. Yeah that thing is meant to be opened to hand. But somehow its stuck. I have tried my best with every possible method known to me, cloth, machine oil everything. That thing has a 32 mm diameter I measured. So I probably would need to find something which has jaw opening of more than that. I tried searching online but didn't find much. If you know any place or product please post here. I will try to check local market but I am awfully busy so it might take a while to actually visit a shop.

Top Bottom