What are the changes i will get to see if i switch to windows phone from android?

Aakarshan

In the zone
This time i am thinking to use a windows phone.I have only used android phones in the past.
I was wondering what are the new features i will get to see in the windows phone? What are the changes i will get to see if i switch to windows phone from android phone this time.

I am concern about the features and apps in windows phone over android phones.

dekaron

Broken In
You might hate it as right now it feels like a downgrade in every way, not the right time to switch

Better wait till December when WP10 comes and hopefully the app porting from iOS and Android begins soon after

sujoyp

Grand Master
windows phone will have more smoother interface and better battery life....also lumia have nice cam on 640xl and above

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Apps are what makes the OS experience better, but with WP, you'll feel the absence of many apps you had used in the past

Flash

Lost in speed
WP8.1 mobiles are upgradable to WP10. So, there's no need to wait till W10 unless you wanna buy 950/950XL for its Continuum feature.

giprabu

In the zone
Can't be totally classified as a downgrade. I have been using Lumia 630 for around 1.5 yrs and before that Moto Defy for 2 yrs.

Few notable advantages :

* Despite of 512 MB Ram, the phone is super smooth, just as on the day 1 when i unboxed it.
* All the essential apps which i require, are present in the store. (or atleast a suitable replacement will be there).
* Good battery back up ( I still get 1 to 1.5 days with 3G on with a 1800 mah battery)
* Integration of Social networks as "People" (you'll realize the easiness when you use it).
* Offline maps (Stable, reliable and accurate without internet).

Things will get more awesome with Windows 10 coming..

I'll suggest you to use a windows phone for a couple of days and then decide for yourself.

ankushv

Journeyman
Win 8 has no YouTube app . It's just a link to mobile YouTube site .
Most apps are a version behind than their Android counter parts .
Keyboards cannot be added nor can launchers be changed .
Win 8 mobile does not lag at all too .
Refreshing interface compared to Android , but not much customization possible .
I am using the latest win blu hd lte that I bought from amazon in a flash sale at. 4999 .
Hd screen , 8mp back and 2mb front cam . Hd recording and dual mics for noise suppression . 8gb storage and 1gb ram , plus apps can be moved to external storage .
Overall great experience if you don't miss YouTube .

giprabu

In the zone
Win 8 has no YouTube app . It's just a link to mobile YouTube site . --> Try Metro tube app. It won't disappoint you :)

Keyboards cannot be added nor can launchers be changed . --> But.. did you face any drawback ?!!

I am using the latest win blu hd lte that I bought from amazon in a flash sale at. 4999 .
Hd screen , 8mp back and 2mb front cam . Hd recording and dual mics for noise suppression . 8gb storage and 1gb ram , plus apps can be moved to external storage .

Great buy ! :)

ankushv

Journeyman
Win 8 has no YouTube app . It's just a link to mobile YouTube site . --> Try Metro tube app. It won't disappoint you :)

Keyboards cannot be added nor can launchers be changed . --> But.. did you face any drawback ?!!

Great buy ! :)
Yes ...
I have liked the phone . It's having a very good build quality .
I initially just bought it to test windows , as I have a galaxy s4 and galaxy s5 .
But windows 8 mobile impressed me and I may continue with it as my primary phone .
No , the lack of options of keyboards does not bother me and I quite like the default windows keyboard .
Im any case , in Google too I use the stock keyboard .
BTW win 8 plays all the mkv serials I download by default and no external media player is required also there is absolutely no lag in playing hd content ( I watched narcos season 1 on this phone ) .

$hadow

Geek in making
The OS is very bare bones and you won't find a lot of customizations. Plus the apps are always scarce.

Top Bottom