[Query] Western Digital SSD warranty

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys.

I have WD SSD m.2

It was bought from one shop.. the bill date is 26 July 2017 it ce with three year warranty.

But on Western Digital website serial number shows warranty expired in June 2020.

I don't know what to do.. can I claim warranty with bill itself.. since 3 year complete on 25 July 2020.

Please help..

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok, so i created the account on WD, there is option to raise RMA

earlier long back i had one WD HDD, that time during RMA process, the website gave me some lable and instruction to ship the HDD..

but now its only giving me the address in banglore and mumbai, what i do, do i have to go personally to send the items or courier it

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
but now its only giving me the address in banglore and mumbai, what i do, do i have to go personally to send the items or courier it
Earlier it was picked up by a courier service arranged by WD. Now I am not sure but customer care should be able to clarify,have you contacted them yet.

what is recertified drive
It means a drive which was earlier returned under RMA & then repaired by WD & declared as fit to use again. I know even WD now gives recertified drives for hdd rma but I don't think it is valid for ssd as ssd are usually not worth repairing.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok so called customer care

they now have collection center, OTC and Shipped by customer

Collection center - where we can submit the product

OTC - where we can submit the product and if stock available can get replacement

Shipped by customer to bangalore

thanks

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok so i have new information just in case any body wish to know

every years western digital do not work on RMA for 3-4 days from June last week to July first week, just confirmed with their guy, they have some training stuff going on..

after that it takes 14 working days approx to resolve the RMA

just in case any body watns to know

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
WD seems very lazy .. on call they confirmed receiving.. but RMA status is not updated.. now even their call center not working..

Western Digital used to be a good name in hard disk industry.. but with SSD they are nowhere.. Micron, Crusical, Samsung, ADATA, and in future corsair will also come.. WD need to improve their warranty period from three to five year. Quick resolve of RMA.

Top Bottom