Welcome our new mod overlords

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjath

Human Spambot
Congrats on becoming new Super Mod

Congrats [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] on becoming new Super Moderator

No mod directly Super Moderator :shock:

Is it only me, you have changed your name?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Congrats on becoming new Super Mod

I think previously [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] & now [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] along with me all directly became super mods & my user name is same.:)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
id like to know how its being a mod here in TDF.

like a typical day in the life of a TDF mod.

- - - Updated - - -

btw, congo [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
id like to know how its being a mod here in TDF.

like a typical day in the life of a TDF mod.

^^same here . id like to know exactly the same thing bud..

"A day in the life as mod" is just like a normal day as a life of a member on the forum, except, that you get Powers. Not powers like flying-high-in-the-sky but usually like passing-through-every-locked-gate and having X-Ray vision. At first you are excited of them but soon enough you realize not everything is jolly land. So there's a big catch. You get responsibilities.

Since you now have the power to get through every locked door, you are bound to encounter pits that leads to nothing but darkness and danger. You have to remove those pits before someone could fall in them. Since you now have X-Ray vision you get to see the dark side of the forum that remains invisible to regular members. And the best part is that you can't ignore them. You see Every-thing. The mud, the filth, the graves and the worse of all, "bodies with comic sans fonts". It burns your eyes, but you have to shoot it with lead or let other members risk damaging their eyes.

As a mod you have to inspect every new members that enters the forum. You have to track their first few steps so that we can be sure they won't do any harm. And that my friend is a tedious job. Since there are times when number of such people who 'just like to watch the world burn' surpasses the ability of mods to inspect them. That's where you come in. Many members regularly reports a post or a thread that helps us nabbing the bad guys and keeping the forum healthy.

As daunting the task of mods may sound, it also is rewarding in its own sense. Nothing can beat the joy of watching a clean forum. A place where we as a community participate and help each other out for the greater good. Give constructive feedback and engage in healthy discussions. And with regards to that, like I said in the very beginning, even after being a mod, its just like being a regular member.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
congrats to vyom and whitestar*new4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/3529804+_797c6d796cff9afc858fd76b6e3bd77c.jpg

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
"A day in the life as mod" is just like a normal day as a life of a member on the forum, except, that you get Powers. Not powers like flying-high-in-the-sky but usually like passing-through-every-locked-gate and having X-Ray vision. At first you are excited of them but soon enough you realize not everything is jolly land. So there's a big catch. You get responsibilities.

Since you now have the power to get through every locked door, you are bound to encounter pits that leads to nothing but darkness and danger. You have to remove those pits before someone could fall in them. Since you now have X-Ray vision you get to see the dark side of the forum that remains invisible to regular members. And the best part is that you can't ignore them. You see Every-thing. The mud, the filth, the graves and the worse of all, "bodies with comic sans fonts". It burns your eyes, but you have to shoot it with lead or let other members risk damaging their eyes.

As a mod you have to inspect every new members that enters the forum. You have to track their first few steps so that we can be sure they won't do any harm. And that my friend is a tedious job. Since there are times when number of such people who 'just like to watch the world burn' surpasses the ability of mods to inspect them. That's where you come in. Many members regularly reports a post or a thread that helps us nabbing the bad guys and keeping the forum healthy.

As daunting the task of mods may sound, it also is rewarding in its own sense. Nothing can beat the joy of watching a clean forum. A place where we as a community participate and help each other out for the greater good. Give constructive feedback and engage in healthy discussions. And with regards to that, like I said in the very beginning, even after being a mod, its just like being a regular member.
Personally, I've never done any of the things you've mentioned in your post. I've been a mod since 4+ years now. It's really encouraging to see that you're taking your new job very seriously. Really motivates all of us to do our work better.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Personally, I've never done any of the things you've mentioned in your post. I've been a mod since 4+ years now. It's really encouraging to see that you're taking your new job very seriously. Really motivates all of us to do our work better.

wait, what??

then what do you, ico, do??

It seems like batman movie plot...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom