Weird problem with processor fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiba

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I'm new in the forums, I've read some of the threads and found solutions for my problems before but this is actually my first post.

Yesterday I was using my PC normally,and all of a sudden I heard a loud song, like if something fell from my desk and then my PC shutted down. I opened it and the whole dissipator plate with the fan included hooked off from the plastic base.

The base has 4 hooks on each corner, one of these broke :S. I tried to put it on place again but, before, the plate was on pressure against the processor, but after that it doesn't make that much of a pressure. I turned on my pc, it turned on but the processor temperature sky rocketed to 85°C, I had to turn it off fearing for the processor to melt down lol.

The question is:

Does the plate have to make some pressure on the processor?

It seems like the dissipation plate doesn't work because it's not making that pressure.

Does those plastic base sell apart on shops?

*support.intel.com/support/processors/pentium4/Img/figure5.jpg

That's a pic of the plastic base I have, as you can see it has a square hook or something, well one of these broke completly.

If that's the problem, Could anyone explain the reason why that happened?

KillerGamer

Right off the assembly line
Hi, this is my first post too.

No idea why it broke, but if one of the hooks is broken, I am sorry to say this, you may have to buy a new one. For proper cooling of the processor,there should be no air between the processor and the heat dissipator plate; since there is one broken hook, some air is pushing in,causing a film of insulator. That is why the temp. of processor is rising like hell

amitash

Intel OCer
Yup you need alot of preasure on the processor... Buy a new cooler or find a new brarcket for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom