Weird Problem with HP Laptop..seems Hardware Issue, Advise needed

veddotcom

Journeyman
[Solved]Weird Problem with HP Laptop..seems Hardware Issue, Advise needed

Hello Guys, My Laptop HP DV6 3055tx (18 months old), behaving abnormal since last 2 months. I am not sure the problem is with software or hardware.

The problem begins when windows 7 started getting hang, suffering with high cpu usage. Laptop FAN RPM was very high, making significant noise, creating vibration. Then i formatted my Laptop several times, but the problem was still there. so i dissembled my laptop and then cleaned the fan and other parts and reassembled it, Re-Partitioned my HDD, Re-installed the window. Laptop worked normal for few days and the Fan noise problem also got solved.

After few days

Windows 7 again started facing CPU uages 100% after few mins (sometimes after hours) of booting. after that When i reboot the windows, CPU usages goes 100% again instantly just after booting. but FAN speed is normal and no noise, Then i have to leave my laptop OFF for 5-10 mins to cool down, (My Laptop gets heated, but that is normal, since its getting heated to this level since beginning) windows work just fine until it encounters the cpu usage problem again.

I have Re-partitioned HDD, formatted Laptop several times, so i don't think there is any chance of Virus issue behind that, So it seems hardware is heating alot, right? But Here is why i am confused

1.When windows suffers with very high CPU usage and i reboot it under the Safe Mode, Windows works just fine,i.e even though laptop was heated (which is normal level of heat), windows under safe mode works well.
2.I also have CentOS 6.2, Booting through it after Windows problem, works just fine..i.e CentOS is not getting affected by any thing

Also there is not one program which is constantly using all CPU, When i close the highest cpu eating program, another program take over and starts eating...

So what to do to Track the problem. Advise needed..

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1) Post screenshot of Task manager.

Also there is not one program which is constantly using all CPU, When i close the highest cpu eating program, another program take over and starts eating...
Virus alert. do a proper scan using a AV in safemode ( AVG or Avira free)
remember to unistall any present AV software.

OP
veddotcom

veddotcom

Journeyman
1)
Virus alert. do a proper scan using a AV in safemode ( AVG or Avira free)
remember to unistall any present AV software.

It wasn't Virus..after Googling alot and trying different solutions, finally i got to fixed that making changes in Power Option, CPU cooling feature (or something like that) set to ACTIVE (Passive bydefault)..After that even though my laptop gets heated, window runs just fine

Top Bottom