Weird Problem With Chrome and IE in XDA

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Weird
PHP:
 Problem With Chrome and IE in XDA[/b]

When i browse the XDA forum thread, if i click on a thread with php it does not open. 

* In Chrome-It downloads showthread.php. and nothing happens, if i click again, again another same file downloads.
* In IE-[ATTACH]12743.vB[/ATTACH]

I dont know what is the problem please help me solve it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (20).jpg
    Screenshot (20).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try using a proxy site like anonymouse.if it opens in proxy sites correctly then it is either a problem with your system(virus etc) or your isp(some cable isp use web filters).

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
XDA has been acting weird in my browsers too!!! Has been going on for a couple of weeks... For me in Chrome, none of the images show up and the formatting of the webpage is all wrong... Sometimes, but rarely, refreshing helps the problem!!! Guess, something other than our PCs is causing the problem... What's your ISP??? BSNL???

OP
ariftwister

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
XDA has been acting weird in my browsers too!!! Has been going on for a couple of weeks... For me in Chrome, none of the images show up and the formatting of the webpage is all wrong... Sometimes, but rarely, refreshing helps the problem!!! Guess, something other than our PCs is causing the problem... What's your ISP??? BSNL???
My ISP is Airtel. Its not Even Opening.Its Veey Annoying.. I ran AV check.No Virus at all

anonymouse.org

Nope its not opening. Screenshot (43).jpg
I think the error is kind of javascript error

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
open notepad,type abcd,then select save as type all files & file name as xyz.php.right-click & select properties & the new window should show file type as php & opens with as windows shell common.double-clicking this file should give you a message asking how to open this type of file.

OP
ariftwister

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
open notepad,type abcd,then select save as type all files & file name as xyz.php.right-click & select properties & the new window should show file type as php & opens with as windows shell common.double-clicking this file should give you a message asking how to open this type of file.

I Tried like U said. In properties it shows as .php file and opens with google chrome. If i double click it opens with google chrome with text displaying what i typed in that file. I tried to change open with power shell but there is no power shell in that option. whats wrong ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
open control panel---program & features.click on turn widows features on or off option in left side.in the new window see that internet information services(or its any sub-option) is not checked/selected.

OP
ariftwister

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
open control panel---program & features.click on turn widows features on or off option in left side.in the new window see that internet information services(or its any sub-option) is not checked/selected.

The Internet Information Services (and its Sub options) is not Checked. Also Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core is also Not Checked.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
go to control panel--default programs.click on associate a file type option.in the new window see if there is .php extension listed & if it is then which program is set as default.also uninstall & reinstall newest version of firefox to see if it works.click on firefox button & then select web developer--web consolde option.this will open a new window at the bottom of browser.now open xda php thread(copy paste the link directly into address bar) & watch carefully the action taking place in this web console window.

Last edited:
OP
ariftwister

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
go to control panel--default programs.click on associate a file type option.in the new window see if there is .php extension listed & if it is then which program is set as default.also uninstall & reinstall newest version of firefox to see if it works.click on firefox button & then select web developer--web consolde option.this will open a new window at the bottom of browser.now open xdcc php thread(copy paste the link directly into address bar) & watch carefully the action taking place in this web console window.

My php file is associated with Google chrome. (when this problem first occurred, Windows asked me how to open this type of file, so I only selected chrome as default application)
For php file what application should I associate? Do you mean xda thread address? This problem also occurred in another forum. I don't remember address. This problem occur in all websites using php.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
any browser can open local php file just like a notepad but this should not happen with .php links using web/http protocol.i meant the xda forum thread(corrected the typo).firefox web console shows you the what is going on behind the scenes when you click on a link so maybe it can find something useful.

OP
ariftwister

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
----
[23:28:27.047] GET [TOOL/MINIPRO] [UPDATE 07/01/2013] Flashtool version 0.9.10.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers [46856ms]
[23:28:45.554] The Web Console logging API (console.log, console.info, console.warn, console.error) has been disabled by a script on this page.

this is what i get from The Log

Is there any way to access those php pages ?? I mean any temporary FIX ? I cant download my CM ROM update.. :(

moniker

Broken In
Re: Weird
PHP:

Why don't you browse the page on your mobile itself? Or else if you don't have a data plan you can try using Google wireless transcoder as a proxy. [url]*www.Google.com/gwt/n[/url]

OP
ariftwister

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Re: Weird
PHP:

[quote="moniker, post: 2037489"]Why don't you browse the page on your mobile itself? Or else if you don't have a data plan you can try using Google wireless transcoder as a proxy. [url]*www.Google.com/gwt/n[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm browsing xda through tapatalk on mobile. But for downloads I need pc only. What is Google transponder. Btw I'm on 2Gb per month plan

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[TOOL/MINIPRO] [UPDATE 07/01/2013] Flashtool version 0.9.10.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers
replace php with html in above link & it should work.

Top Bottom