Weird facebook/browser problem

hot zubs

live life king like...
hello friends i have got a very weird facebook problem on my machine, whenever I chat on facebook I get this popup saying
“The QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.8 plug-in failed.
A restart of Opera is recommended”

And the browser restarts showing the error description as:
“A problem has occurred, forcing Opera to close. To help us avoid similar problems in the future, please send an error report below”
See Opera: Privacy Statement for Opera Software's privacy policy.

It’s the same problem with all the browsers like opera 10.63, Firefox 3.6.12, IE 9…

And I’m using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit OS

I have even tried reinstalling the browsers, QuickTime, flash player but the problem still exists…

even tried running the browsers in the compatibility mode of windows Xp SP3 but still :-(

So guys please get me out of this problem…

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try getting rid of Quicktime.

Prefer uninstalling Quicktime first using CCleaner and then installing it again.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try disabling the Quicktime plugin from being used by Browsers. I really don't use it. :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, you could disable Quicktime being used as a browser plug-in for a particular format from Quicktime's preferences. I really can't give instructions about that because I don't use it. Check Control Panel and see whether it has an icon for Quicktime preferences. (there used to be one years ago)

OP
hot zubs

hot zubs

live life king like...
when i try to open the QuickTime from the desktop shortcut windows error occur saying "QuickTime player has stopped working" and when i try to open it from control panel an error occur saying "Windows shell common dll has stopped working"

OP
hot zubs

hot zubs

live life king like...
u mean i should just uninstall it offffffffffff and there wil be no problem with facebook hun??

Neuron

Electronic.
In Opera,to disable quicktime plugin,type 'opera: plugins'(without spaces) in the address bar and press enter.List of installed plugins will appear.Click 'disable' corresponding to the QT plugin.This only works on opera 11

Last edited:

Neuron

Electronic.
If its not the latest version,try upgrading it.Also if this problem wasn't there previously try system restore

Top Bottom