Webhost Config...Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

In the zone
Hi,
I want to make a personal 4-5 page website with guestbook,comments,form mailer etc.I dont know any programming so i have been using some ready made scripts from www.hotscripts.com.

I have tried them on free ASP,PHP hosting services like www.1asphost.com and www.brinkster.com educational plans and www.orgfree.com but these scripts always give some errors like "Invalid function on Line 27",etc.

So now i need help !

Plz tell me why these scripts are not working.I have tried not 1 or 2 but atleast 5 gbook scripts.
Suggest a compatible webhost or tell me the reason behind all this.Do i need to tweak some settings???

Do i have to buy PHP,ASP space or is there any free websites.Even 5 MB (or less) free space will be OK.

I am stuck . :(

stalin

Journeyman
Try this if it work for you coz i do like that. Search for the similar pages what you like to have in your web page. Copy the Script from that webpage (in IE go to >View >Source then copy the script). Paste it in your page and remove unwanted thing in that script. I think ASP is enough for your requirment. But you must know little bit about html like closing and opening the brackets. Before hosting if you want to see how you page work you must have install IIS (Internet Information Services) in you computer. Go to Add or Remove programe then Add Remove Windows Components there you can find IIS for installination in Windows Setup CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom