Go to Profile > Badges
Select the ones that you want to display by clicking on the loudspeaker

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
More importantly, is there a badge that you guys want?

if you want to award a badge to a specific user, post here

if you have a good idea for a badge, post here

Some badges are reserved for discretion by the mods, this is just the thread to suggest new badge ideas

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think the list of badges is exhaustive enough.

How do I change my default badge?

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
this is just the thread to suggest new badge ideas
Linux/Open-source(open-sauce?) enthusiast is a must. Also geek badge could turn out to be a disaster, the geekdom is even in the url of site. Almost everyone here would be a geek.

But more importantly how are admins supposed to know that I am a potterhead etc? At first I thought this would be a thread to ask for badges to be rewarded
:emoji_sweat_smile:
but it turns out it is not? How even can admins keep up with rewarding badges to new members? Wouldn't a option of user to award himself/herself a specific no. of badges (say 4) would be really cool and manageable while also not badge spamming? If the idea is to make it like a honor medallion, at least how to get the required badge must be provided.

PS. the icons of badges are really cool, and so is the idea (Kudos to @Desmond David, interesting idea indeed).
PPS. I am baffled on how you didn't reward Science geek badge to urself @Anorion:)

Last edited:
OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I think the list of badges is exhaustive enough.

How do I change my default badge?

go to profile > badges
there will be a list of badges you have been awarded, click on the loudspeaker icon next to the badge to make it red, it will show up on your profile

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
But more importantly how are admins supposed to know that I am a potterhead etc? At first I thought this would be a thread to ask for badges to be rewarded[/USER]:)
are you a potterhead? yeah go ahead and ask here lol, we will deal with it if and when that becomes a problem, and we may say no to someone who does not deserve it. Mods can always remove badges from people.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
are you a potterhead?
Yeah, still waiting for my letter though, maybe they have increased the age to be a wizard. Any news on mr. potty, though :grin:?

yeah go ahead and ask here lol, we will deal with it if and when that becomes a problem, and we may say no to someone who does not deserve it. Mods can always remove badges from people.
Great! Here are the ones -:
1. Bookworm
2. Science geek- certainly not based on the description lol, will instead consider astronut if something funny is being done on us geeks (still am confused why you didn't give it to urself?)
3. Coding enthusiast - not master mind you ;)

) _ _ __/°°¬

Well, I do use all -:
Steam user
Spotify user
Unity

What does geek badge mean btw? I mean everyone here would be a geek wouldn't they?

If a opensauce badge comes up I am innit fo sure :)

The description for Debate master seems too mellow, shouldn't it be like, "could have been a great politician":lol:.

The ideas for new badges come too fast lol, like a badge for blender user (like unity user), pcfan@10000rpm (like android and applefan) , digit staff badge for digit editors maybe?

Dunno, how popular this feature remains in the community, though its a pretty fun one imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom