We Don't Even Live There Yet, But Humans Have Already Left Over 400,000 Pounds of Trash on the Moon

Flash

Lost in speed
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--lK31T0rb--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ftif3eqrt3qekqz8xp4q.gif
It’s inevitable that one day humanity is going to need to live somewhere other than Earth, and our first step towards intergalactic colonization will probably be the moon. The only problem? We’ve only visited it 12 times, and already there’s over 400,000 pounds of garbage up there.

Source: *gizmodo.com/we-dont-even-live-there-yet-but-humans-have-already-le-1822560212

Sad. Isnt' it?o_O

billubakra

Conversation Architect

I am not a conspiracy theory guy, but why in the world haven't we able to go back to the moon again after the Cold war era?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The original Moon missions were kind of like the culmination of the space race, and to fulfil the promise made by JFK. It was as political as it was scientific, but the data as well as materials collected then drive science to this day. Maybe there was no real reason to go back. The Moon continues to be studied through orbiters and rovers by various space agencies. I guess there was no need, but now there are several planned missions. One is to establish a deep space gateway near the Moon for explorations deeper into the solar system, and testing of the Orion crew module is one of the initial steps. Another is a SpaceX tourist mission. At the moment, there are no planned manned missions to the lunar surface.

Top Bottom