[Query] WD RMA Enquiry

gameranand

Living to Play
My recent WD Black Edition 2 TB HDD is not able to install OS on it so I am going for RMA but the problem is that now their site mentions that I have to personally send the product to their service center. Is it true that thye changed their warranty policies because previously their courier guy used to collect the HDD from the end user, END user didn't had to send the products to their center.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
OK now I got the answer that a courier guy will pick up the HDD but do I have to pack it or just plainly give the HDD to Courier guy ??

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Pack it properly in an ESD. Otherwise your warranty will be voided. Check wd website they have some pictures how to pack well or else .......;-)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I am also in the same boat. My hdd will be picked by wd on 11th july. I also dont have bubble wrap. Only thing available is the esd of gpu. I think i can use that to pack hdd. What about you? Also packing in an envelope is not allowed. You should pack it in a box.

I am also in the same boat. My hdd will be picked by wd on 11th july. I also dont have bubble wrap. Only thing available is the esd of gpu. I think i can use that to pack hdd. What about you? Also packing in an envelope is not allowed. You should pack it in a box.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Well right now I am recovering the data from the drive and that might take a week then only I will place the RMA and then I think I'll pack it in the same box in which my new HDD arrived.

BTW how did ya get antistatic poly bag. They say its essential to pack in that poly bag. :|

Well right now I am recovering the data from the drive and that might take a week then only I will place the RMA and then I think I'll pack it in the same box in which my new HDD arrived.

BTW how did ya get antistatic poly bag. They say its essential to pack in that poly bag. :|

You would have got it with the new hard disk, the bag with black criss-cross lines.

Rajesh345

Youngling
It does takes a lot of time in RMA. WD have informed me that I will get my product by next week.

good 4 you , For me i am waiting for WD to pick up my HDD for 1 months still not picked up yet , When send mail to them after filling RMA they said courier guy will call and come collect the HDD . they keep on saying same .

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
good 4 you , For me i am waiting for WD to pick up my HDD for 1 months still not picked up yet , When send mail to them after filling RMA they said courier guy will call and come collect the HDD . they keep on saying same .

They will never come. They didn't came in my case either. You should go to FedEx courier service near you and ship the product. Don't worry they won't charge you anything at all as WD pays them for services but they are lazy as hell and don't come to collect the HDD at all.
1. Pack the HDD properly so that it doesn't gets damaged in way. The last thing you want to hear is no warranty due to improper packaging.
2. Take 2 printout of first page of premailer and put one in package and one you have to give to FedEx.
3. Go to FedEx and ship the product.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Currently i have it packee in carboad box. and thermocoal also pasted To and From address and RMA No in printed paper

what is premailer ?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Check your Email. WD gives a email with the link when yoi create the RMA. If you haven't got any mail then just call their ASS and ask for it. They will email the link to you.

bukaida

In the zone

Same in my case. The RMA was generated more than 15 days ago and they supposed to pick it up on 5th sept. Till date, none turned out. I have created two cases and got nice assurances every time , a phone call confirming they are just sending a man and even a pickup SMS to keep things ready. But all seems virtual now, as none turned out till date.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Same in my case. The RMA was generated more than 15 days ago and they supposed to pick it up on 5th sept. Till date, none turned out. I have created two cases and got nice assurances every time , a phone call confirming they are just sending a man and even a pickup SMS to keep things ready. But all seems virtual now, as none turned out till date.
Sorry didnt update my post , i got replacement Driver few weeks back

I sended Drive at my cost [100Rs]

But I also registered RMA request for another 2 Drive from My office in Kozhikode , they confirmed and on the exact day they Told before courier Guy called and Asked if Item is packed and informed they will arrive Evening and they collected , Took Less than 2 weeks to get replacement , was in Perfect condition

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
I have also got the replacement nearly a month back but I was unable to update this thread due to exams. :)

Top Bottom