daksham

Right off the assembly line
I have recently Bought a WD Elements 1TB HDD and copy pasted my data on it and went for a VAIO Recovery to format my laptop but now when I plug the HDD in I cannot see it though the light on HDD stays steadily on. it is alsi not detected in Disk Management or anywhere else. I have tried different comouters and cables including Android's MicroUSB(Yes It can be done) but no avail... I need help for data recovery and data has first prefrence over the HDD... Please help ASAP

Thanks,
Daksham

OP
D

daksham

Right off the assembly line
Enter your BIOS and see if you can view the hard disk there.

thanks for your help but can you walk me through looking for it in BIOS? And if it doesn't show up in BIOS do i have any chance of recovering the data physically through a retailer

slashragnarok

In the zone
For Sony Vaio when you start your laptop, enter BIOS by pressing F2 or F9 or Delete key. I'm not sure which but keep hitting these three keys alternately and you'll enter the BIOS.

Another thing that strikes me is that, may be you lost the HDD drivers when you formatted your PC. I'm not sure if HDDs are plug and play. Check if you can see the hard disk under Device Manager. If you can, there is probably a yellow sign below your HDD icon. You need to install the correct drivers for your HDD.

Also are you sure you did not accidentally format this disk drive you're talking about.

I'm almost certain that your data is secure. Even if not, there are agencies that specialize in data recovery.

Top Bottom