[Complaint] WD HDD Crashed In a month . They Wont recover data

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
I purchased a western Digital My passport Plus drive from Flipkart.I didn't used it much rather than taking frequent data backup. Now one day while using it ,it stopped responding so I tried closing the windows explorer but It didn't respond . After ending the process in windows explorer ,I opened My Computer there I the Icon of the HDD was only showing so I shut down my computer and unplugged the drive and rested it. The Drive wont respond at all . Few Min after plugin it it and It will show drive letter in my computer.

What to do guys as wd has told they wont do data recovery..

Dushie

Broken In
No manufacturer does that as far as i know. They would replace your drive under warranty free of cost. Also you can use 3rd party providers for data recovery, but if they open the drive it may void WD warranty, so its a tricky situation.

tkin

Back to school!!
I purchased a western Digital My passport Plus drive from Flipkart.I didn't used it much rather than taking frequent data backup. Now one day while using it ,it stopped responding so I tried closing the windows explorer but It didn't respond . After ending the process in windows explorer ,I opened My Computer there I the Icon of the HDD was only showing so I shut down my computer and unplugged the drive and rested it. The Drive wont respond at all . Few Min after plugin it it and It will show drive letter in my computer.

What to do guys as wd has told they wont do data recovery..
While hdd manufacturers give warranty for your drive, it does not cover the data stored in it. So its gone. If you want to get the data back contact data recovery services, which costs a lot and also voids your warranty.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
You can try it in a Linux system. My Seagate external drive crashed and every time I clicked on it, it always asked to be formatted. Plugged it into a Linux system and was able to recover data from 2 partitions out of 3.

Top Bottom