[Query] WD 500gb Blue Replacement Process and tips URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AniketChavan74234

I want to replace my WD 500gb blue HDD which has 10days of warranty left.
I called them today asking what the process was they said i have two options either they will pickup from home or other one is to drop off on some drop point they have in Charni Road.So which should i take?which has less hassle and trouble?
If i drop off on their drop point do i need to pack my HDD as in bubble wrap,esd etc stuff or just hand it over ?
I need personal reviews from which one is less problematic and easy i don't have any problem to go all the way to charni road as i stay in andheri ..
So pls reply urgent give some tips!!!!!!!!!21 october 2014 is last date of warranty!!! :D :p

napsterv

Journeyman
I want to replace my WD 500gb blue HDD which has 10days of warranty left.
I called them today asking what the process was they said i have two options either they will pickup from home or other one is to drop off on some drop point they have in Charni Road.So which should i take?which has less hassle and trouble?
If i drop off on their drop point do i need to pack my HDD as in bubble wrap,esd etc stuff or just hand it over ?
I need personal reviews from which one is less problematic and easy i don't have any problem to go all the way to charni road as i stay in andheri ..
So pls reply urgent give some tips!!!!!!!!!21 october 2014 is last date of warranty!!! :D :p

What did you do?

OP
A

AniketChavan74234

i chose the drop point option bro i drop it on monday and i got back it on friday!I was so amaze ! :lol::):mrgreen: [MENTION=286233]napsterv[/MENTION]

OP
A

AniketChavan74234

What was the problem with your hdd?
My pc wasn't booting properly it used to restarts sometimes in between ,got the BSOD a few times! and when i check with the Diagnostic tool i got 266 error! which in WD site said to replace it!So i did !:p:mrgreen:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so did you pack the HDD in bubble wrap,esd etc stuff or just handed it over ? If possible explain the procedure in a little detail.

OP
A

AniketChavan74234

oh ok!As soon as i knew it was failing i called them on 11/10/2014 that is saturday! And they ask me to chose from 1)Drop point or 2)Pickup when i asked them about pickup they said that i have to pack it in box with esd n bubble wrap!And for the drop point option they said just to give them the drive without any packing!(i chose this)Went there on monday 13/10/2014 took 1 n half hour reach there! but after reaching i just had to wait for 5 min! Then the guy attended me took my details!(RMA no is important! You will know when u call them how to get it!)Took the drive n gave me paper with info on it!N said it will come in 3-4 days! N yes it came in 4 days on friday 17/10/2014 !And using without anyproblem till now!Hope i have helped you with this info! :)

PS:-The drive is a Refurbhished one!And i chose the Drop point option cause i read here on TDF that the pickups don't happen right away!!

Sorry for posting late i don't get notifications now on tapatalk! :-?

Address of the Drop point location :-F1 Services
WESTERN DIGITAL SERVICES DIVISION
13 Kala Bhavan , 3RD FLR,3 RD Mathew RD,Opera
House , Charni RD East.220004

Landmark: Near Charni Road.
Hope this much detail is okay! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom