Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What is the way to a peaceful Life ?

Shower with your thoughts...

...more MONEY

...more POWER

...more FAME

...more of ANYTHING ELSE??

Will you be ever SATISFIED ? GREEDY HUMANS....

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
...more MONEY

...more POWER

...more FAME

Ability to prevent oneself from getting more of everything including those above will pave way to happinesss.

atleast that is what is common in all teachings of jain, buddha, kabir, and other ancient sages.

but many dont know the way to that state of mind(neither do I) so maybe just keep meditating as that is what all those above do?

ankushv

Journeyman
Healthy and a happy family everything else can take second place .
Just my 2 cents .

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
In Buddhism there is an adage that the source of all suffering is want for material things. So to not have any suffering in life, we must give up our want for material things.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
So, Monks are living a peaceful Life ?

Monks are mostly students, so cant say much. I went to a monastry in Manali recently, the monks there did not "seem" To be living the Monk way of life, Some of them were busy in phones, while some were just chatting. But I Dont know exactly what are the requirements to be a monk.

Sarath

iDota
What is the way to a peaceful Life ?

Shower with your thoughts...

...more MONEY

...more POWER

...more FAME

Will you be ever SATISFIED ? GREEDY HUMANS....

Looks like someone saw a documentary about "Osho" or is it something else? Please do share.

To add my own opinion on it and to quote some scientific studies (too troublesome to directly cite them)

There is no such thing as a peaceful life.

Human when made to lead lives completely devoid of any conflict, need or suffering tend to become hollow in a sense. What we might term as a man at peace would be a man without a purpose.

This was indeed proven in an experiment that humans without suffering or having to solve the smaller or larger day to day problems tend to start self destructing. Becoming aloof, disinterested in the world, stop self care and become generally unhealthy mentally and physically.

In fact this is what would happen to Humans in heaven.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Becoming aloof, disinterested in the world, stop self care and become generally unhealthy mentally and physically.

"They then enter a state of mind where death is not scary for them, They just dont mind it and want to merge with the greater power/nature/universe or whatever is the greatest of all great things." This is what Kabir said in one of his lines. Some similar lines are also present in religious text.

Sarath

iDota
Yes there have been instances of people resorting to euthanasia reported as suicide when they have achieved complete peace and do not feel they have anything more to do in this world, not necessarily for religious reasons but their motivations can only be assumed.

I'll try to fish some articles from the past decade

*mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mumbai...-we-choose-to-end-it/articleshow/16181573.cms

*www.hindustantimes.com/india/techi...fe-together/story-yAZ4bEoGJpSB8YQJ8UJecK.html

I don't want to search for more articles as it is scaring the google algorithm

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Yes there have been instances of people resorting to euthanasia reported as suicide when they have achieved complete peace and do not feel they have anything more to do in this world, not necessarily for religious reasons but their motivations can only be assumed.

*mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mumbai...-we-choose-to-end-it/articleshow/16181573.cms

*www.hindustantimes.com/india/techi...fe-together/story-yAZ4bEoGJpSB8YQJ8UJecK.html

That's sad and somehow may even take the form of Burari case,

But according to me that death would arrive naturally in time instead of forcing.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Woah!! So, people think they got everything in Life and its time to say Good Bye. What kind of perception that is ?
One aspect could be they were not GREEDY at all and were completely satisfied with their Life so no more needs and wants

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

For me the peaceful Life is when you were BORN till the years your Brain is not developed and you were still infant. And now when you are full grown MATURED Male/Female the most peaceful you are is when you SLEEP (excluding BAD Dreams)

The Moment you wake up in the Morning all your tensions starts TICKING...

tomatoguy

Broken In
"in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock" - a quote from The Third Man

I don't think anyone could ever live a life peaceful life for longer amount of time . @Zangetsu on your point about a resting brain and peaceful life , if you were asked to pick between a blissful dog consciousness vs sometimes unhappy human what would you choose ?

Also , I think that ascetics and monks are the least competent of all the human social groups and find ways to bring internal happiness by completely disconnecting with other human groups and creating their own compatible rules/groups .

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I don't think anyone could ever live a life peaceful life for longer amount of time . @Zangetsu on your point about a resting brain and peaceful life , if you were asked to pick between a blissful dog consciousness vs sometimes unhappy human what would you choose ?
Definition of Longer ?? 1, 2 or 100 yrs

I would definitely choose a Dog. They won't cheat on you and do have emotions.

There is a Book called "Buddha's Brain"...I have not read it yet but I heard its a good book so will try that when I have time.

tomatoguy

Broken In

If you look at these issues from a medical point of view , they're mentally ill or something is wrong with their emotional part of life and are trying to make some image .
Because self preservation/survival instinct is basic quality for any healthy human .

tomatoguy

Broken In
Definition of Longer ?? 1, 2 or 100 yrs

I would definitely choose a Dog. They won't cheat on you and do have emotions.

There is a Book called "Buddha's Brain"...I have not read it yet but I heard its a good book so will try that when I have time.
Umm.... I guess I didnt frame my point correctly .

Im asking you , if you were asked to choose between consciousness of a happy dog vs sometimes unhappy human .

Tell me what would you pick?

Sarath

iDota
There is an interesting article about utopia in mice. Can watch the video for some insight into the experiment. It was never conducted in human participants for ethical reasons.

*www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2...ld-a-utopia-for-mice-and-it-all-went-to-hell/

---------------------------​

Utopia and Psychological Theory​

Michael W. Barclay

*journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0959354393032002

I didn't read the entire article. I can but I tend to stay away from Psychiatry related publications.

tomatoguy

Broken In
consciousness of a happy dog
Well what about numbing your brain for that matter , I'm sure people at mental asylums/psychic wards have a consciousness to that of a dog .
I think , life means accumulation of different kinds of emotions and experiences . Pain , Suffering , Happiness , Melancholy , Anger , Surprise , etc. . And the degree of happiness you experience depends upon the amount of sadness you face in life .

All the self help book writers think they're gurus of happiness . Public consume these easy to read books/watch these videos and think their life is miserable or believe that everyone else is leading a peaceful life . A life like that is not possible unless you're controlling the hormones by a medical device or is shooting drugs .

I don't idealize buddha. And honestly , it is very bad to lead a life like his .... giving up everything , living in your own personal bubble ....

I was happy as a child , yes ! But my awareness about life was very low ... What good that be if I can't enjoy something that I normally do as an adult .

Part about the stress , Stress makes us better . It makes you accountable for something because your inner consiousness know that putting stress to this task would make your life better/prevents you from getting fucked up . I can't comment about the greed part because thats a personal choice of being competent . In fact , I idealize greedy/ambitious people .

I really like to hear from you all and is looking forward to change my views in this discussion.

Top Bottom