wats the problem here????

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil2

Broken In
hi friends

i just bought new grafix card 7300gt...

yesterday i wanted 2 clean the pc....so i used some brush to cleanup the mess in the cabinet....tht also not so harshly.....but dont know wat problem...after tht my pc stop starting....no response at all....

after delivering to my assembler he said tht...ram n grafix card both are gone....luckyly card is getting replced....but got un necessary loss of ram ...i bought new ram :(...it wasnt in warranty period..

pls help me here...wat might cause this problem...is it the grafix card which has damaged ram?..or ne other reason tht ram got damaged?....pls help me here...so tht i can prevent this type of losses in future...
or my cleaning approch has done the damage ?? :(

shantanu

Technomancer
ITs really ackward ... look closely that the dealer could be getting a little steally for you.. could be possible that a power on off button jumfer just went loose or smps went a little loose but really this never happens just by cleaning.. if you have your old ram then get it tested at anyones elses PC..

abhipal

Journeyman
One advice if your dealer says to replace some damaged hardware, before buying new get it checked on other PC.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
First of all get your old ram tested somewhere...........Some dealers just wantu make penny out of every opportunity.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
It can happen if u have used a normal painting brush. It generates static charge which damages the electronic parts..
I always use a brush with nylon threads..

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
ashnik said:
It can happen if u have used a normal painting brush. It generates static charge which damages the electronic parts..

Informative post man.........

shantanu

Technomancer
but static charges can cause this much damage ... its some ackward isnt it.. i think many of us use these brushes to clean up the system

suman2005

Broken In
ashnik said:

This is exactly what I thought when I read reddevil2 post :) It is most probably a static ZAP of the electronics problem.

Just-a-thought .... I think nylon will cause MORE static than a regular animal hair brush - I say this keeping in mind the static discharges from Nylon cloths when they are rubbed by hands. If I ever use a brush inside the computer I hold the brush by the bristles and stand barefoot on the floor hoping that any static created will be grounded by me :)

I have read in other forums about problems wth static being also caused by the flow of air when a computer is vacuumed - it seems that the air flow from the vacuum creates lots of static on the tip of the vacuums noozle and if this touches any chip in the computer it will fry it.

shantanu

Technomancer
Hmmm A Good Informative Post ... Like That Will Keep In Mind But No Rpobs For Me As I Use A Animal Hair Brush :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom