Watch out for these Upcoming PC Games For 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
yes. . 1024x768 with all high except one thing ( dont remember what . . something related to detail level ) . cities with lot of crowd - 20fps .not good enough for me. i prefer to lower detail levels than slightly lower fps.

quan chi

mortal kombat
thanks sagar.:)
but one thing i cant understand i play prince of persia sands of time and t2t with all settings high.at 800x600 resolutions.
there frame rate mostly remains above 100.very rarely they comes below 60.

though in t2t i have never seen but i think it remains between 50-100.

but whenever i play nfs ug2 or mw.the frame rate at the same resolution

remains between 30-44 with all details high even antialiasing high.average 40.

when i decrease the antialiasing to its lowest value i get 30-60 fps.average 45.

why is this so??:confused: i mean i should get more average frame rates after lowering the antialiasing.
since most of those games are old.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i think u're having too high hopes on ur 8500GT.. the card was released a year ago. . POP was never a demanding game and two thrones would run on my old intel gma 900 with fps more than 35 at low settings. . .the scenario is different in a racing game . in more demading fps like crysis , u'll get even lower frames.

ajaybc

Youngling
thanks sagar.:)
but one thing i cant understand i play prince of persia sands of time and t2t with all settings high.at 800x600 resolutions.
there frame rate mostly remains above 100.very rarely they comes below 60.

though in t2t i have never seen but i think it remains between 50-100.

but whenever i play nfs ug2 or mw.the frame rate at the same resolution

remains between 30-44 with all details high even antialiasing high.average 40.

when i decrease the antialiasing to its lowest value i get 30-60 fps.average 45.

why is this so??:confused: i mean i should get more average frame rates after lowering the antialiasing.
since most of those games are old.

I think it is because of ur card.These games are optimized for directx9 and ur card is dx10.dx10 is not completely backward compatible and uses software emulation to for running dx9 apps.I also get reduced framerates even though these games are old.I get 45-50fps with all settings to very high and resolution 1440X900 and antialiasing to full in NFSMW.

Aahh....
I forgot to tell onething.
Don't ever bother,download,borrow or buy the game Turok in ur life.Even if u get the original version free of cost because it just wastes the 15.1GB installation space.And downloaders dont download this game because it will waste total 27.5GB:shock:(12GB download+ 15GB installation) on ur HD.I took around a week to get this and I now repent for it.

The worst graphics,game play and sound I have seen in any current generation game.I wonder what they packed into the game for it to become this large.The gameplay it self is short and textures are poor.I think they by mistake packed their windows swap file too in it for this much size

quan chi

mortal kombat
i think u're having too high hopes on ur 8500GT.. the card was released a year ago. . POP was never a demanding game and two thrones would run on my old intel gma 900 with fps more than 35 at low settings. . .the scenario is different in a racing game . in more demading fps like crysis , u'll get even lower frames.

sorry i only mentioned half of it!! here lies my main question.i forgot to mention that at 800x600 resolutions in crysis. i had set the texture, water and another detail which i dont remember now to high and environment or something like that and rest details to low.

still i think i got 20-30 fps.

an on low settings i think got 25+ fps.

and from various magazines and resources i have seen that at highest settings in 1600xsomething resolutions this card gives 16.5 and 21.8 fps for doom3 and half life2 games.

it may be not that good for new games but still it should be able to run old games at decent settings.

then certainly i can expect more fps from theses old games.

I think it is because of ur card.These games are optimized for directx9 and ur card is dx10.dx10 is not completely backward compatible and uses software emulation to for running dx9 apps.I also get reduced framerates even though these games are old.I get 45-50fps with all settings to very high and resolution 1440X900 and antialiasing to full in NFSMW.

Aahh....
I forgot to tell onething.
Don't ever bother,download,borrow or buy the game Turok in ur life.Even if u get the original version free of cost because it just wastes the 15.1GB installation space.And downloaders dont download this game because it will waste total 27.5GB:shock:(12GB download+ 15GB installation) on ur HD.I took around a week to get this and I now repent for it.

The worst graphics,game play and sound I have seen in any current generation game.I wonder what they packed into the game for it to become this large.The gameplay it self is short and textures are poor.I think they by mistake packed their windows swap file too in it for this much size

well i see but i run the card at windows xp dx9 mode.so according to you this could be the problem??

Last edited:
Hey why does everybody keeps delaying games for PC? Its the most powerful(if you have the money!) system and the most customisable too! Devil May Cry 4! I want that game! Far Cry 2! Delayed! Splinter Cell Conviction! Delayed! What the Hell?

ancientrites

In the zone
its ppl like me have always supported piracy.eventually games u mentioned will come out and i dont mind waiting muhahahahah...rather paying 1000 bucks and resulting game was $HIT that u paid.
I will buy orginal only when all sharing files are closed till then no looking back sorry.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
yesterday evening , one my friends saw on tv(i forgot channel name ) that ubisoft declared that it is working on the next POP series which will be mostly released in q4 2008.

ajaybc

Youngling
sorry i only mentioned half of it!! here lies my main question.i forgot to mention that at 800x600 resolutions in crysis. i had set the texture, water and another detail which i dont remember now to high and environment or something like that and rest details to low.

still i think i got 20-30 fps.

an on low settings i think got 25+ fps.

and from various magazines and resources i have seen that at highest settings in 1600xsomething resolutions this card gives 16.5 and 21.8 fps for doom3 and half life2 games.

it may be not that good for new games but still it should be able to run old games at decent settings.

then certainly i can expect more fps from theses old games.

well i see but i run the card at windows xp dx9 mode.so according to you this could be the problem??

I think it is the reason.Most these old games are designed to be played on those 5,6,and 7 seven series Geforce and dx9.They give less frames than the current generation games which are miles ahead visually.
Try patching and updating them.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I think it is the reason.Most these old games are designed to be played on those 5,6,and 7 seven series Geforce and dx9.They give less frames than the current generation games which are miles ahead visually.
Try patching and updating them.

well hmmm....even bioshock everythibng high even antialiasing. at 1024x768
(as auto detected by the system).gives 20+ frames.

sn2351

Right off the assembly line
At Quan Chi, i was reading through these forums and without being a member, i signed up to carry this advice over to you.

The 8500gt is a horrible card.

It's not because it's Directx 10 compatible, as someone said, new Directx 10 cards on the market support older DirectX 9, even DX 8 games perfectly.

As a past owner of the 8500gt, it gave horrible performance for a 'mid-range' card. It should really be classified as a low-range card. It has a bad bus architecture, 128 bit i believe, horrible clock speeds, and runs off ddr2 memory which is weak for a DX10 card.

I upgraded to a 9600gt, and its bliss nowadays. But also, you have 1.5gb of ram correct? With Crysis, your really pushing it with that amount. My tests, from in-game, shows that it uses about 1.4gb of memory. That's not counting big firefights.

I just thought i'd say this so you don't lose faith in DX10 cards, haha.

ajaybc

Youngling
At Quan Chi, i was reading through these forums and without being a member, i signed up to carry this advice over to you.

It's not because it's Directx 10 compatible, as someone said, new Directx 10 cards on the market support older DirectX 9, even DX 8 games perfectly.

As a past owner of the 8500gt, it gave horrible performance for a 'mid-range' card. It should really be classified as a low-range card. It has a bad bus architecture, 128 bit i believe, horrible clock speeds, and runs off ddr2 memory which is weak for a DX10 card.

I upgraded to a 9600gt, and its bliss nowadays. But also, you have 1.5gb of ram correct? With Crysis, your really pushing it with that amount. My tests, from in-game, shows that it uses about 1.4gb of memory. That's not counting big firefights.

Oh wow that one shed light to the unsettled mind of Quan Chi

quan chi

mortal kombat

at sn2351 thanks for your reply.

it might be horrible for a hardcore gamer.and what good is a gfx card if your overall system is not able to draw full power from it.see my system.
most of the games in the future will be relesed for core 2 duo.

and i wanted something for the timebeing which would be low in cost. as i have to upgrade my system later.

and earlier i was having onboard gma.
now is this card more worse than a onboard gma.:confused:

btw i only want to play games released before 2007 in mid high settings at 800x600.so is this card so worse that it cannot even do that.:confused:

thanks.

ajaybc

Youngling
Burnout Paradise for PC announced!

Yes sir! You heard that right.The biggest arcade racing franchise which started out to be a console exclusive is now "finally" making it's way onto the PC.

Check out this Article from Criterion Games:
*criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=197

It's seems Burnout Paradise has been announced for PC.No clear indication of when that is going to be but still the news itself is mouth watering.Boy this is what I have been waiting for.A taste of good racing game on the PC.Hallelujah brethren!

Source:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87377

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom