warrenty issue plzzzz help

Jay1234

Journeyman
i bought a laptop lenovo g 580 from nehru place a month ago some hour ago i met my friend and he told me that there has to be
a seal behind your
laptop's back otherwisw
its a breach of
warrenty ?? is he true ?
cos there is'nt any seal
behind my laptop?? so for that matter i checked my
warreny
status from lenovo
website and my
warrenty period starts
from 24 nov 2012 to 23
dec 2013 but i bought
my laptop in 27th dec
2012 ???? iam afraid my
laptop is a used one ???
what can i do now???

Take a print of that web page showing the date of starting of warrenty and your bill to the shopkeeper and ask him about the same and do tell him about the seal. I also suggest that you first make a call to lenovo's customer support and see what they ask you to do. Also, do record the conversation with the shopkeeper B-)

OP
Jay1234

Jay1234

Journeyman
thanx guys for replying i called lenovo service centre they are saying i will warrenty ! but im still scared about replacing the hardware i have ! my laptop's ram hard disk graphic card and proccessor r same can he change any thing else ????

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Seal? what seal? I didn't have any such seal with my Dell, even though, I ordered online from Dell India. After my warranty got over, I did open it up three times. Most probably, date on your purchase invoice counts for the warranty conditions. As far as your fear for the dealer changing the hardware, it's vary less probable. Most of such hardware is assembled case specific, i.e. built for a particular body type, and that too, the essential hardware is soldered into the motherboard, be it the CPU or the GFX, etc, except the ram sticks, or the HDD. Can't say about how lenovo works, but, as Dell, I suppose, there must be a service tag associated with your system too, that'll let you check the original and current configurations of your system

OP
Jay1234

Jay1234

Journeyman
how can i know my ram is ddr3 or ddr2 ???! 2nd is how can i know my hdd is 5400 rpm or 3600 ???? plllllzzzzz let me know

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
how can i know my ram is ddr3 or ddr2 ???! 2nd is how can i know my hdd is 5400 rpm or 3600 ???? plllllzzzzz let me know
Your laptop's RAM is DDR3. DDR2 was phased out looong time back. If it's a Core i3/i5/i7 processor, it is _DDR3_.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

Your Ram query has been resolved by ico. Thanks to him. For the HDD, I doubt whether there is something that slow - 3600 rpm? Most Laptop HDD's are 5400 rpm, so most probably, it's a 5400 RPM. To be sure Download HWiNFO here. It'll show you the exact info.

Top Bottom