Wanted: Cabinet Fan (with LED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hi,

I read an article in a PC mag where they show you how to modify your PC cabinet. Now I've got it down to do everything but put a Cabinet fan with a light. They said that the Antec Light Fan costs around 1200. Is there a cheaper solution out there? I wouldn't mind paying around 400-500 for one, but 1200 is way too much for a stupid fan.

I live in Goa so i don't have access to good shops that are there in Lamington Road and stuff which is why I'm asking for help.

theraven

Technomancer
make ur own lighting like i did ;)
hold up ill be positng a tut soon .. im 90% through with my mod
my updates are on my site if u wish u could check them !!
once im done ill finish updating mys ite first then post a tut !
its really simple actually so hol don ;)

godzi_85

In the zone
ohh ya me too wanna make make a mod

unknowinggly i got a case which has a blue led on top of the case.. and my graphic card emits a blue light tooo!!!!
so it loooks goood on the top and at the botttom but its pitch black in the middle.. where the fan..;
so would love to mod my fan too.
please do post a tut so i can do it1!
thanks people!

theraven

Technomancer
ok i checked thsoe links
plz tell me how a 400w psu on sale is gonna help any of the above ppl ?
and if they could BUY all those expensive parts they wouldnt be askin for a tut now would they ?

plz be a lil more careful when tryin to help ppl out
dont try .. just help them if u can ...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Wait a minute. You said
i aint going back to lamington for three 3 buck LED's and a stupid power pin which is probably for 50 paise :|

3 bucks? seriously? I would love to buy some. If there is a kind soul out there, can someone courier me the stuff? I'll pay. Out here in Goa all I can buy is a big black fan.

also, can I use the small little lights that Bike riders put near the number plates? I wonder....

Milind

theraven

Technomancer
i can get blue LED's for 2/3 bucks (5mm)
white LED's for 4/5 Bucks (5mm)
blue LED's for 3 bucks (3mm)
and white LED's for 4 bucks (3mm)
but i gotta hunt and travel a lot for them :|
anyways like i said .. gimme this week to finsih my mod completely .. im adding more stuff to it ;)
another fan maybe ...
lots of stuff yet to come
keep an eye out for it ...
ill make a parts list soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom