Want: VHS to CD. Means: Suggest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Journeyman
Hi guys, i have a video camera recording to VHS, you know, that big tape thingy, which of course i outdated, but i have some really important things recorded on it, but lately it has developed fungi and i want it converted into cd. Please express your honourable suggestions and stuff it into my grey matter.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
well, u will need a capture card in ur PC
A good TV tuner card will also work but with lesser quality

digiFriend

In the zone
Compro VideoMate TVPVR (M100) bestbuy from december DIGIT or november.
COMPRO VideoMate TV PVR features with high quality encoding ADC and tuner, which provides state-of-the-art performance on picture quality.

With the COMPOSITE and S-Video input/output connectors, all home A/V appliances can be easily hooked to VideoMate TV PVR, and even transform your old VHS tapes into digital formats. (higher priority)
FM version also provide FM radio listening and recording.

This tv card has very good result, and available at price 2250 RS on SIFY shopping. make sure you have ntfs partition which allows to save large file over 4 gb. or if you have FAT32 , and windows XP on it, most video editting software automatically split large file. But be sure to enable splitting of large file option in video editting software. i have used Ulead video studio with very good result.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
yup any good v tuner card will do...i have used compro videomate tv tuner card's composite video in jack to transfer videos frm vhs to cds

but the fungi thing is a cause of concern, try get it cleaned by ppl who professionally convert vhs tapes to cds/dvds. even when i was conevrting my tapes the same probs of bad footage occurred in places where the tape was affected by fungus...and since its physical damage, no matter how good a card u use, u cant rectify it, w/o actually cleaning the tapes.

conversion of raw avi to cd can be done by ulead vid studio n u'll get good results

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Dude, if you have a camcorder, then this is the way to go. No need to opt for any video capture card. Check it out. Connecting Video Devices to Use DV Pass-Through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom