want to buy Smps & Graphix card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
help me to buy Smps & Graphix card ?

budget for both = 5-7k max

smps I guess 500w will be ok .

well how much power will I need for this config...

core2duo 4300 (1.8ghz @ 800mhz)
kingston 2 gb ddr2 (single chip) will buy 1 more (same as I have)
160gb sata2 seagate Hard-disk
Intext tv tuner card without fm
Lg pata dvd writer
one extra fan
+ graphix card that I will buy
mouse keyboard
Motherboard :Intel d946gzis

currentlu using samsung sync master 753dfx,
best resloution 1280 x 1024

well I have 7-8 years cabinet so thought so any good buy with cabinet ..(with very good air flow) currennt procy idle temp is 45 degree celc.
my Mb has 24 pin connector but I have attached my old smps(20 pin),currently I am using very old cabby

Graphics card :- I will be using all 3d, 2d softwares like maya,3d max,photoshop, and much more means lott of use of it. . so what all u recommend.

I asked about graphic card before too but finally I am purchasing now (hope so).

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Try Seasonic 380W or Corsair CX400W or Tagan TG-500W @ ~3.2k

For GFX youmay have a look at ATI HD 4670 512MB or nVidia 9500GT. Both should suit your budget although I doubt if either will be enough to satisfy your Maya needs. Minimum get 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 @ 5k and the best possible GFX card for you would be Palit GTS250 512MB @ 7.3k although that will be way out of budget.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
firstly will 380w enough for my config + gfx

what is minimum I Need (380,400 or 500)

9600gt will not enough for 3d ?

and how is this

cooler master RS500-PCARA3 Extreme Power + 500W ( cheaper then others even in 390 & 460w models )
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
and how are those zebronics and all that come with 400w smps + cabinet
Posted again:
and how are those zebronics and all that come with 400w smps + cabinet

Last edited:

nmenon

Broken In
You'll certainly need a 450 W SMPS minimum 500W will be a better bet. The 9600GT with 512MB DDR3 or Palit's 9800GT 512MB DDR3 card should do for the 3D work it costs Rs. 5700 in Kerala. The SMPS may cost around Rs. 2000.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
well I am really in budget so want to know If I buy that zebronics 400W smps with cab. will I wrk properley as for last 6-7 years am using local smps and working fine. that will cost me just 1600-1700 so I can spen other for better Graphix card. Just want to know that zebronics 1 will be sufficient for me (my config+graphix card) and it has normal good performance.

what will be the difference between zebronics and corsair 1

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
They both are much different. Corsair comes with 5 years warranty. You should go for minimum 450 W SMPS. If you go for Corsair VX 450 (available for 4k), then its the best. And for graphic card, I recommend you 4670 and nothing else. These both will cost you around 8k.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I was looking towards gts 250..........so was thinking of little comprobmising with smps.

actual 500W output (not that local 1 that comes with caby) PSU from zebronics with price of RS 1900.

so wht u guys say pls reply ...urgently neded

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Instead of gts 250 , I recommend 9800 GT, as it is more VFM. For now you can go for Zebronics Pro 500 W also. Go ahead , its a good combination.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ little scan on nvidia site shows My score after gts 250 will be 8300 and after 9800gt it shows 8100 . My current is ust 600.

But I want to confirm will 9800gt+ (1Gb ddr3) satisfy my Needs for all 3D apps. hardware acceleration (for transcoding video & Image precessing) and Hd output . currently willl connect vga to normal 17 inch flat crt but in future will buy LCD.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
offtopic:

the title for the post is insutiable, It seems u are askin question to others, whether they want 2 buy GFX and SMPS

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I mean

sapphire Hd 4850
gts 250
9800 gtx

all they come in same category performance wise ..right ?

and gtx series goes better then gts250 ...right ? like gtx260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom