Want to buy Nexus 7 for long term use!!!

gohan89

Broken In
I want to buy the Nexus 7 keeping in mind the following:

1) Mainly lots of reading of e-books for academic purposes as it is not feasible to print so much or read on the computer for long..
2) Playing latest HD games and watching movies without any lag.
3) Availability of latest Android OS updates
4) Hardware and software way ahead of budget tablets springing up like mushrooms all over India..without proper service centers or updates.

Things which worry me:
1) I saw a deal on Grabmore.in that it costs Rs 17999.If I buy it from there,will the warranty be applicable since it officially comes to India in June 2013.
2) I saw that Nexus 7.7 is coming out abroad at $299 or the Nexus 7 2nd gen (predicted $199-249) with better specs.But I dont know if it wise to wait for it,since God knows when it will comeout in India.I cant buy from US since I have no relatives there.
3)Tegra 4 has come up and its performance is 6 times better than Tegra 3.Will Tegra 3 suffice me in the long run for playing HD games in the long run as I wont be changing my tab? I dont think games are going as ahead as the hardware for casual users like me.

I see there is no microSD card slot,but I can increase the storage with a pendrive via a microUSB-USB cable.Will the Nexus 7 2nd gen have a microSD slot.
Is it possible to surf the net via dongles through the microUSB port ?

Please let me know as my budget is max 19-20k.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom