want to buy a graphics card under/around rs5000

brian

Broken In
noob wants to buy graphics card under 5K

I have been surfing the net to find the best graphics card but all I've gained is confusion. Please suggest me the best one in the range. CPU specs:Intel core i3 540 @ 3.07 ghz, intel dh55tc, 2gb ddr3 ram. Also tell me if the card is compatible with my PC,i.e,relating to PCI slot etc. These are few card I've come across: AMD Radeon HD 6770, MSI R6770-MD1GD5, Galaxy GT610, ATI HD4650, ATI HD5670, Radeon HD5570. And I hope I'll be able to play the upcoming GTA5

Re: noob wants to buy graphics card under 5K

Fill this up: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-graphic-card-buying-advice-template.html

OP
B

brian

Broken In
(This is an updated reposted thread).
1) I have iBall smps lps 223-400(250 V) PSU.
2)My budget is roughly rs5000.
3)I am looking forward to gaming at 1366*768 resolution.
4)My PC specs are: Intel i3 540 @ 3.07 GHz, 2GB DDR3 RAM, intel dh55tc motherboard.

I also really wish to play the upcoming GTA 5.

These are few cards I've come across: AMD radeon HD6770, MSI R6770-MD1GD5, Galaxy GT610, ATI HD4650, ATI HD5670, Radeon HD5570.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
a HD 6770 is a good card but im not sure you will get it at Rs 5000
The best you could get is probably HD 6670 but you need to change your PSU regardless of what you purchase.. 250 v is really really bad even for a low end GPU

OP
B

brian

Broken In
What PSU do you suggest? And what are the prices of 6770 & 6670?

-
-
-

Mod Note : Don't create separate thread(s) for the same question. Enjoy your stay at TDF ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
250 v is really really bad even for a low end GPU
This is one of the biggest myths on the internet, thats often repeated. *www.anandtech.com/show/2624
250W is enough for low-mid end gpu's . HOWEVER iball probably sucks and doesn't even provide that much, so OP may need to change PSU regardless.

Source: I ran 4670 3 years on 220W (local indian psu) and now on a 300W antec

OP
B

brian

Broken In
Should I go for 2GB 6670 DDR3 card or 1GB 6670 DDR5 card? And 6670 is mostly out of stock in majority of online retails.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the GDDR5 version irrespective of the size of the Graphics memory. And if 6670 isn't available then opt for R5 240 1GB GDDR5, priced around 5 to 5.2K. Here is the link: *www.snapdeal.com/product/sapphire-amd-radeon-r7-240/999188368

OP
B

brian

Broken In
Are both these cards compatible with my computer(R5 240 & 6670)? Which offers better performance? Will R5 240 be able to play Max Payne 3(& other such games)?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link!

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This is one of the biggest myths on the internet, thats often repeated. *www.anandtech.com/show/2624
250W is enough for low-mid end gpu's . HOWEVER iball probably sucks and doesn't even provide that much, so OP may need to change PSU regardless.

Source: I ran 4670 3 years on 220W (local indian psu) and now on a 300W antec

that is not a myth, your antec can provide a full 300 w of rated power .. but your local one 220w will provide about 60-70% of the power it is rated at.. Consider yourself lucky, your GPU didnt blow up or went kaput
Usually a PC without a GPU (low -mid end) consumes 150-175w of power.. Adding a GPU, you were using almost the entirety of your PSU's capacity (maybe more)..
A simple powersurge would have fried your components

- - - Updated - - -

Are both these cards compatible with my computer(R5 240 & 6670)? Which offers better performance? Will R5 240 be able to play Max Payne 3(& other such games)?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link!

Yes, it will play at low med settings, For PSU, look for Antec VP350p

OP
B

brian

Broken In
I have done some research & it appears that 6670 has better performance but unfortunately it is unavailable on most online stores. Could you suggest where I could get it?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I have done some research & it appears that 6670 has better performance but unfortunately it is unavailable on most online stores. Could you suggest where I could get it?

look for r5 240. also i would suggest to get antec bp300p.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^No we will not, misleading advertising in threads are against forum rules
If you have anything to say, say it in this thread only

OP
B

brian

Broken In
So I guess I am going to go for HD 6670 & for PSU I'll buy Antec VP 450P. Are hardwire.in & shopatsogo.com trustworthy sites?

Last edited:

iedigcom

Broken In
Before Purchasing Read Specification and Compatible of Your Computer Configuration Graphics Card Specification

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is supported. Any motherboard having PCI-E 2.0 X16 slot can accommodate any current gen Graphics card.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
So I guess I am going to go for HD 6670 & for PSU I'll buy Antec VP 450P. Are hardwire.in & shopatsogo.com trustworthy sites?

Good choice, that PSU is quite good, it will provide you with enough headroom to upgrade in the future should you choose to..
Honestly,If I was in your place, id skip GPU for now, save up a little more and go for R7 250X minimum.. HD 6670 is very outdated for today's games
But if you cant extend, its fine.. That GPU will serve you well
Cheers

Top Bottom