Want to buy a 3 TB int. HDD

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Hii digitians, I'm planning to buy an internal 3 TB HDD. I see different brands with different prices while searching in the internet.My needs are as follows:
1.Needed at least 2 years warranty.
2.I'm mainly using this HDD for installing games so higher speeds are recommended.

My max. budget is 9k. Please suggest me a gud reliable HDD with a gud price tag.Also wanted to know buying from a local shop is cheaper than buying from internet.

So, Please suggest me good HDD with links to buy(optional)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Two options you have :

1)Seagate 3TB barracuda 7200RPM @ 8.5-9k

- Comes with only one year warranty + After sales support is Bad.

2)Wd Cavier Red 3TB @ 9.5k

- Comes with 3 year warranty + After sale support is Excellent.

-Slight slower than Seagate one

I would recommend to get Wd red :)

OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I would recommend to get Wd red

wd red is the way to go.

Wd red is a NAS drive as seen in their site is it compatible with the desktop. I also want a full kit containing a drive,sata cable,mounting screw is it included in this wd red..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Wd red is a NAS drive as seen in their site is it compatible with the desktop. I also want a full kit containing a drive,sata cable,mounting screw is it included in this wd red..

it is compatible with desktop. it is unlikely to come with sata cable.

ASHISH65

Technomancer

It is fully compatible with desktop.No you won't get kit, you get Sata cables only with Motherboard.

OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
t is compatible with desktop. it is unlikely to come with sata cable.

It is fully compatible with desktop.No you won't get kit, you get Sata cables only with Motherboard.

Thank you rijinpk1 and ASHISH65. By the way anyone know the price of WD Black 3 TB

OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Don't like seagate but it gives 7200 rpm and 2 years warranty and most importantly I got at a price of 7.6 k so I buy it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
good choice.the new seagate 3tb drives are all 3 1tb platter drives compared to WD 3tb drives which have different versions & not all comes with 1tb platters.

Top Bottom