Wanna buy a mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
i wanna buy an mp3 player upto Rs. 5k. All i need is decent sound quality, a 1GB storage capacity (if possible) and an LCD screen that tells me the current song playing.. that's all :D

currently thinking of buying an ipod shuffle. Decent earphones are a plus, however i have another sexy set of earphones.. so that's not a big thing. thanks in advance :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
shuffle has no lcd ..... u can chk our iriver, creative and yes .... wud suit ur budget .... and ive decent sound and features such as fm and fm recording ....

djmykey

Let the music play.....
U can check out Transcend TSonic 610. Its 1GB. Its only 3.5k thats when I bought it dunno abt now. And it has a OLED display which shows u the track ur currently playing and scrolls the album name and artist name. FM recording and all. Just that u need to buy a good pair of head/earphones. Be a lil carefull while buying headphones, they tend to discharge the battery a lil soon. Thats all.

q3_abhi

Youngling
*www.kingston.com/flash/kpex.asp : Take a look here.

If u are ready to increase ur budget by 2.5k , this is the best the best thing u can get(2GB+256 MB SD card)

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
q3_abhi said:
*www.kingston.com/flash/kpex.asp : Take a look here.

If u are ready to increase ur budget by 2.5k , this is the best the best thing u can get(2GB+256 MB SD card)

not really.. even 5k is a bit out of budget.. 2.5k wud be way outta it. and btw, thanks for recommending the Transcend Tsonic.. looks cool..

q3_abhi

Youngling
The only problem with Tsonic is that it's not bundled up with a charger....u need PC everytime to charge.

BTW, its the best player considering the cost to performance ratio.

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
q3_abhi said:
The only problem with Tsonic is that it's not bundled up with a charger....u need PC everytime to charge.

BTW, its the best player considering the cost to performance ratio.

man.. that's a big problem coz i needed it during my long train travels this diwali.. and wherever i go mostly i won't be having a PC to recharge the player :(

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
things have taken an unexpected thing.. my dad agreed to go for ipod video 30gb (yippeeee).. how much does that cost in india?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
as of now 14k ..... but wait for some there has been reduction in price by apple which has yet not taken effect in indoa .... the difference is about 3k (50$) ..... however i wud suggest wait for zune ....l i bought a ipod not too happy with it

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
i've used ipod and i'm totally fida over it... i'm not leaving that for anything else... btw, u know how much does it cost in dubai?? my dad's friend can get it from there.. if there's no price difference, i'll buy it from here.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i know of japan and the price is same .... as i said there has been reduction in prices from apple which hav not taken effect in india but not sure abt dubai .... japan and india same price ....

vinyas

In the zone
wats ur View on this Guys :

*www.amazon.com/Sony-NW-E507-Network-Walkman-Digital/dp/tech-data/B0008JFCWY

???

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
Ramakrishnan said:
For Rs.5000, you will not able able to buy 1gb mp3 players of reputed brands. Cowon Audio 1 gb sells for Rs.6500/-.

did u read that my dad's agreed to go for the ipod video 30gb?? (and I'm going for it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom