Wanna a phone under 11k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckhamgal

Bionic Woman
Hey guys, wanna gift a good phone to my sister under 11k ..with following specs:
2" or above display, Bluetooth, IR(optional), USB mass storage, decent memory space+expandable card,2mp or above camera, GOOD music+FM, Lotzza pre-loaded or dload-able games, Can/cant be a touch screen, should be good looking.
I like Moto Ming A1200,E6, Nokia N72...

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Hey guys, wanna gift a good phone to my sister under 11k ..with following specs:
2" or above display, Bluetooth, IR(optional), USB mass storage, decent memory space+expandable card,2mp or above camera, GOOD music+FM, Lotzza pre-loaded or dload-able games, Can/cant be a touch screen, should be good looking.
I like Moto Ming A1200,E6, Nokia N72...
Touch screen - LG KP500 a.k.a. Cookie (specs here). I got mine for a hundred quid (~7.2K Rs.) from the UK sometime ago. It's probably the cheapest T/S handset anywhere. That said, I'm not too sure if it's available in India yet.
Non touch screen - a lot more choices. Nokia 7610 Supernova if she wants a fashionable slider, Nokia 5320XM if she wants an all-round device, thanks to its 3.5mm audio jack and Symbian OS. The SE T650i is another nice candybar but I'm not too sure of the current price.
There are a couple of SE phones in that range but sadly, most of 'em are quite outdated really - the K810, W810 etc.

OP
Beckhamgal

Beckhamgal

Bionic Woman
Hey thanks gforce23, Cookie looks great! Just one querry-Howz the music?? Also I want your suggesstions for Moto ming a1200.
Thanks!

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Hey thanks gforce23, Cookie looks great! Just one querry-Howz the music?? Also I want your suggesstions for Moto ming a1200.
Thanks!
Sorry, I have no idea about the Moto Ming A1200. Perhaps someone out here might have used it.

As for the Cookie, the audio quality through the speakers is a little tinny (it's a low end phone so that's expected) but is pretty good through a decent set of earphones. That said, it really is the poor man's iPhone with its great menu system, haptic feedback, super fast Flash-based UI and the ability to swipe your finger across the screen rather than the age old system of a simple touch. It lacks WiFi though, so that's a small negative point. I just read somewhere that the Cookie was launched in India last week. You might want to ask around your local shops if they have any in stock. Let me know if you have more questions. I don't have it any longer but would be happy to help.

OP
Beckhamgal

Beckhamgal

Bionic Woman
it really is the poor man's iPhone with its great menu system, haptic feedback, super fast Flash-based UI and the ability to swipe your finger across the screen rather than the age old system of a simple touch.

Sounds great!! Cookie tops the list I made!

@Ajju
Howz Supernova at gaming..shez a gaming freak!!

raj_in

In the zone
if u r ok wit buyin a LG phone then theres no out doin the Cookie which costs about (13k-14k) i heard in Mobiles & More(TV Show)
orelse the i think the supernova is a out an out chik phone

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Z750i - I bought one for my gf a couple of months ago and she was chuffed to bits. The exterior is just mesmerizing IMO.
My personal favorite feature phone in the low to mid range is the T700. 'tis available on eBay for a little more than $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom