Waiting for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS !!

vaithy

In the zone
this is the V day for the every Linux Users (or 'Ubuntu users') in the world..To day is Ubuntu's new Release to hit the servers all over the world.. and ISP all over the world are going to curse it..
there is much tension in the Ubuntu camp now then any other release, because a reported memory leak 'bug' in its beta-2.. some early birdie has downloaded the iso image which was syncing with mirror and reported that there is a Security breach. and 'bug' report filed... but others are poo poo it
there is a talk of part release just release ,only Desktop version of ubuntu and delay the others when the mirrors are stable enough or the bugs quickly fixed..*bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ty/+bug/570765

anybody hit the mirror!!
Just give a warning report Guys!!

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
I was waiting at Ubuntu forum, watching insanely 100 pages waiting for the news.. then finally aat 11.00 hrs went to bed when I awake it hit me like a thunderbolt.. but where is the kubuntu and xubuntu 's clans? I chose amd64 iso and fire the transmission.. by that time you may already downloded it.. so may I expect some first hand report?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Alright I'm going to go ahead and be a scapegoat and try it out.

*img535.imageshack.us/img535/8194/screenshotdistributionu.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us​

Lol cancel that I just saw the amount of data I have to download to get 10.04 upgraded on my system :D .
*img27.imageshack.us/img27/1656/54372365.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us​

Last edited:
Well, i always prefer clean installs after backing up data as in previous releases i have messed up everything while trying to upgrade .My pc is quadruple boot and i dont want to take a chance with it :) . Its very difficult to manage Ubuntu grub with openSUSE grunb and windows bootloader :| I play safe just because of my separate /boot partition for opensuse and separate /root and swap for both !

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems very zippy and starts very fast. GIMP and XSane have been removed though. For scanning we now have Simple Scan.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well the devs thought Gimp is too geeky for normal users :| and moreover it takes more psace in a limited live CD acc to them !
There isn't anything as "too geeky". They removed it because F-spot is good enough for basic editing like red-eye which a normal user needs.

Finally Ubuntu 10.04 is out today....

:grin:the most awaited Ubuntu distribution is out today......
it's launch was postpone due to a bug in GRUB. It was not showing other OS entries in it, when dual booted.....
so the release was postpone for a couple of days as the professional team of Ubuntu thought that it might make wrong impression on user who r going to try Ubuntu for the first time or who r novice users....:wink: (as windows entry on GRUB won't be shown....)

the below given link is for downloading Ubuntu 10.04(LTS) from Indian server....

*ubunturelease.hnsdc.com/10.04/

Hope DVD will be released soon....:cool:

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Re: Finally Ubuntu 10.04 is out today....

Don't create double threads for the same topic. Thread reported.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Actually when I used the beta, I missed GIMP (even though I rarely use it, but when it's needed it is really needed) but still it is easy to install.

6x6

Journeyman
installed :)

i found minimize, maximize, close buttons messed up in default ambiance theme, in clearlooks its fine.
*img146.imageshack.us/img146/3703/screenshotyh.png

Top Bottom