Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek007391

In the zone
It seems to infect every process running on my system, on internet it shows I need to format the complete system and should make no backup

Having too much data in my HDD

Tell me any removal tool for W32:Vitro

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Use Zone Alarm to scan your comp. using the integrated antispyware. It has got a large database of Win32 viruses and maybe able to remove it.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Try doing the following in safe mode (If safe mode hasn't been hacked by the virus). Also, end all malicious processes from task manager and remove them from msconfig before trying these out.

Try Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Download it here:*www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

If it doesn't work, try an online scan. There are many services available. Here's an example: *www.mcafee.com/freescan

Keep in mind that Win32.Virut is a very intelligent virus. It was created by the makers of virut. If you have been infected for long, chances are, the antivirus measures will have no chance. In that case, try this (CAUTION: Tedious task ahead) :*www.informationweek.com/news/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189400897.

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
hey I never got a chance to use these malwarebyte when I started the PC It only displays the wallpaper and nothing else
the taskmanager is gone
even the computer is not starting in safe mode

At last the only thing I did today is reformatting and reinstallation of WIn XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom