Vote for TAJ MAHAL to keep it in the new7 wonders of the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
wait,is this thing organized by UN?No.It is organized by a FOR PROFIT company,would their results matter at all?Wake up,Its just a money making scam.

karnivore

in your face..
Read before voting

*www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=ded2aac1-e6c4-4e15-96df-74bb893f116b&&Headline='Vote+for+Taj+campaign+a+gimmick'

'Vote for Taj' campaign a gimmick, say officials
The credibility of the much-hyped campaign to vote the Taj Mahal as one of the world's new seven wonders is now in question.
"The New 7 Wonders of the World" campaign has been launched by the owner of a Swiss website. "The whole campaign is a media hoax," says Surendra Sharma, president of the Braj Mandal Heritage Conservation Society here. "How can the whole government machinery be used to hype a campaign launched by a private entrepreneur?"
Sudhir Kumar, the Agra chief of the Indian government's tourism department, admitted that the campaign was a private one and those supporting it were doing so in their private capacity.
"The campaign is not backed by any government agency, though we feel it is good and in the interest of the tourism industry as a whole to promote the Taj Mahal," Kumar told IANS.
K Mishra, a senior official in the Uttar Pradesh tourism department, said his office had nothing to do with the campaign.
KK Sharma of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) here described the campaign as "economic exploitation of the sentiments of the Indian people. No two monuments are alike and they should not be compared.
"It is an injustice to the status and dignity of the Taj Mahal."
But the ASI has circulated banners and pamphlets appealing to people to vote for the Taj though this initiative has reportedly been taken by its Bhopal circle.
The tourism industry has been promoting the campaign in its own interest. Several government agencies and voluntary groups have also got involved.
District Magistrate Mukesh Meshram headed a procession this week to mobilise votes for the Taj.
Mughal historian R Nath says the whole campaign is uncalled for. "The Taj is already a taj (crown). It needs no certification from any authority."
The people on the street here do not know who has promoted the campaign, but think it is the government. One hotelier said: "We thought it must be a government-supported campaign since the district authorities were taking so much interest."
Unesco, which runs the World Heritage Programme, has denied that it has anything to do with this campaign.

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
^ thanks for the link.

I now realize this voting Why do we need a voting system to decide the wonders of the world? Why to choose only 7 wonders of the world? Are those SMS's that we sent for Taj are really taken into consideration or is just a money making scheme??
Taj will always be one of the wonders of the world..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
what about those monuments which will not make it?Will nobody go to watch them?

What if something like wall of China doesnt make it because of people's unawareness
will it lose its place in history?

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
^^Correct.

Who sponsored this new 7 wonder campaign? Does it have any International Organization(like UNESCO) authority??
I now have a feeling that my online votes and sms's that i sent were just a waste of time.

karnivore

in your face..
^^ Yes they were a waste of time, but the good thing is that u realize your mistake and hopefully u will do your part to stop this mindless freakshow.

Come to think of it guys. Does Taj really need our votes to be recognized as a "wonder" by some good-for-nothing website. Isn't it already a wonder in our hearts and soul.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Actually I had a feeling about this before voting. But this time I cared less about the authenticity.

Now see, we in India have still very less no. of people using Internet. Internet users in other advanced countries are more. Mobile subscribers in India have increased considerably last few years but still less than other countries say China..and still how many of those knows to send messages.
So if Taj is not in the 7 wonders list, then who is to blame??

I am posting this in Orkut to let everyone know

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
The winner will be the one who gives more money to that company:p
Lol people all around the world are being fooled

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Crap website they are nobody to decide it

taj is a wonder of the world and will continue to remian what every their list may be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom