Volunteers needed for this section

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Let me know if you guys are interested in maintaining sticky thread for this subforum. Sticky threads are showing their age now.

Hardware price list thread is not updated in a while.
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/96218-hardware-price-list-spec-sheet.html

Someone who has the passion and interest to actively maintain this can reply here.

In addition to that, I would like someone to take up lead here in formatting/rewriting these sticky threads.
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/132775-read-first-thread-starting-tips.html

Let's stick to the same format when we edit threads.
1. Don't overuse colors. Use only where the colors help in telling difference distinctly.
2. Don't use over sized fonts. Use only where it is essential.

A section index thread sticky with link to important thread will help all members alike.

Thanks to [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION] for actively maintaining PC buying guide.

> The hardware price thread is a difficult thing as prices change daily on most e-tailers, especially on flipkart. But yeah, an approximate price list can be prepared. We can distribute this task among several members. Example, one member compiles the list for CPUs, other for motherboards, etc.

> The questionnaire for PC purchase is very good IMO and doesn't need to be changed.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Questionnaire is perfect,no need to change it.

Hardware spec/price thread need huge change .Agree with harshil,we better distribute the tasks among members. Iam interested in it

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
> The hardware price thread is a difficult thing as prices change daily on most e-tailers, especially on flipkart. But yeah, an approximate price list can be prepared. We can distribute this task among several members. Example, one member compiles the list for CPUs, other for motherboards, etc.

> The questionnaire for PC purchase is very good IMO and doesn't need to be changed.

Questionnaire is perfect,no need to change it.

Hardware spec/price thread need huge change .Agree with harshil,we better distribute the tasks among members. Iam interested in it

Yeah, approximate price should be good. And probably run the thread for a quarter and then create another one with fresh content. If nothing much has changed by then we can copy content from the previous quarter thread. At present the forum content looks so much old with lots of information scattered around but the useful info is difficult to find.

Who can spare some time to get the list of CPUs here ? I will help with the consolidation. But the experts are you guys at gathering the list, prices and other much needed opinions.
[MENTION=149570]ASHISH65[/MENTION] if you can help with the list of CPUs that will be helpful. Just post the list here. No need to do any formatting. However you can do the basic separation by the brand name/ architecture/ date.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'll compile a list for GPUs. Should be complete by tomorrow.
[MENTION=149570]ASHISH65[/MENTION] already started on that. See if you can add to that:
*www.digit.in/forum/graphic-cards/179528-tdf-gpu-hierarchy-list.html

If you can start on CPU/motherboard, that will be awesome ! Just the listing part of most VFM, performance oriented and niche ones.

@ASHISH65 already started on that. See if you can add to that:
*www.digit.in/forum/graphic-cards/179528-tdf-gpu-hierarchy-list.html

If you can start on CPU/motherboard, that will be awesome ! Just the listing part of most VFM, performance oriented and niche ones.

Okay, so @Ashish65 is handling the GPU list and I will handle the CPU and motherboard list.

Top Bottom