Vodafone bags Hutch for $19.3 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
British telecom giant Vodafone has bagged the 67% Hutch Telecom International (HTIL) stake in Hutch-Essar at an enterprise value of $19.3 billion (approx Rs 86,000 crore) which comes to $794 per share.

Earlier, Vodafone emerged as the top bidder for majority stake in India's fourth largest mobile player Hutch-Essar, pipping Anil Ambani Group's Reliance Communications, a consortium led by Hindujas, and Essar, whose top brass is in London presumably talking to the British telecom giant.

Meanwhile, Hindujas has congratulated Arun Sarin, Vodafone CEO, for his acquisition of Hutch-Essar.

While, the winner emerged after a board meeting of HTIL, the process of declaring the highest bidder got delayed till Essar, which had asserted its right of first refusal along with its bid, mulled various options in its agreement with the foreign partner.

source

Now it gives pleasure to all indians... now all r waiting for new services, new mobile deals and competitive prices... :grin:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Today evening I watched this news flashing on the newschannels.

Feels great. But what different new services will they be giving?

iinfi

mekalodu
3g coming to india is not gona depend upon jus vodafone alone. the CDMA operators n COAI sud come into an agreement as to, to whom the 1900 (not sure) band sud goto.
had reliance taken over hutch we wud have expected inflated bills and bills even if u dont use ur fone at all.
btw vodafone doesnt have low calling rates anywhere in the world to the best of my knowledge.
better network?? i dont think vodafone will be able to provide us with one!!
lower international calling rates ... yes definitely ...then can do that right away ... rest mite take 3-4 months minimum...

aliasghark

who? what?
there are two networks in bahrain, vodaphone's one of them. u hardly find any middle class person there using vadaphone - its too expensive. i'm sure vodaphone's here just for the money, and if the affluent can pay, who cares about the 'aam aadmi' huh vodaphone?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
From the Chinese to British:)

Anyway how long before the name change (if any)takes place. And I hope they bring some new stuff too:)

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
In Hindustan Times there is a comprehensive analysis of the deal and according to them subscriber maybe forced to pay more by vodafone to make the deal feasible and profitable for them

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
ankurgupta.me said:
In Hindustan Times there is a comprehensive analysis of the deal and according to them subscriber maybe forced to pay more by vodafone to make the deal feasible and profitable for them
oh noooooo :(

Well, I don't think that will be a good idea for them - this IS India... and there are too many inexpensive options available here for people to pay more for vodafone.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
If it increase price than each and every day after it will be DIWALI for MTNL/BSNL/BPL/!dea and Reliance and DIWALA for .....

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Stick said:
If it increase price than each and every day after it will be DIWALI for MTNL/BSNL/BPL/!dea and Reliance and DIWALA for .....

:D vodafone

But 3G cannot be implemented without TRAI's orders, & TRAI is thinking about going directly to 4G cos 3G is not cost effective in India. I hope they enhance the EDGE & GPRS service now & make it cheap. Something like Unlimited EDGE at Rs 99/month will be very good for laptop users :), internet anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom