Vista Media Center EPG not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegman

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,
I just built an htpc and loaded Windows Vista Ultimate on it. My tv tuner card and everything are setup and work great with the Windows Media Center feature. But when I do the setup for the tv guide[epg] it asks me to select country[India] and then asks me to enter my Postal Zip Code. I tried many zip codes including my own[and that of the Digit office in navi Mumbai] but all it says that the “Entertainment Program Guide is not available in my area please try another zip code”.

If ANYONE has successfully setup the EPG in either Windows Vista Media center or Windows XP Media Center please let me know the ZIP code that you used to get it working.

India is officially supported by Msoft as far as EPG goes so I guess I am not entering a correct zip….PLEASE HELP!!!!
*www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/mediacenter/tvandmovies.mspx

Thanks in advance!
Gman

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Dude I think its a bug with Vista having different issues with my vid card in vista but works flawlessly in XP... but you might want to wait for a pro. I've only had a month to break my vista Ultimate

OP
T

thegman

Right off the assembly line
Solved the problem......turns out that you need to select CABLE SET TOP BOX as the source even if you are using a SATELLITE link!

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
thegman said:
Solved the problem......turns out that you need to select CABLE SET TOP BOX as the source even if you are using a SATELLITE link!

Good information. But I am curious to know which TV tuner card you are using and whether the Remote you got was a Mediacenter remote since me too is planning upgrade my MediaCenter PC to Windows Vista Home Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom