VisionTek Radeon 3870 and Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinmohantk

Hostage Negotiator
Dear Friends;

I have a very strange problem with VisionTek Radeon 3870 512MB DDR4 and Crysis.

My System Config is

Procy: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (Venice Core) - 89W
Mobo: MSI K8NGM2-L
GPU : Visiontek Radeon 3870 512 DDR4
PSU : Corsair VX 450 (offering around 86% efficiency)
HDD's: 2x Seagate SATA II 250GB, 1x Seagate SATA II 750GB, 80 GB Seagate IDE 7200 RPM(using this only for torrent downloads, because i don't want to harm my other HDD's because of continous Read/Write of Torrents)
DVD ROM: Sony
DVDWriter: Samsung SATA DVD Writer
Cabinet : Zebronics Rage
Cooling Fan: one 300mm+ intake fan on the side LED
one 120mm Exhaust on rear LED
one 120mm Exhaust on front LED
one 80 mm Intake (for Harddisk's cooling)

I came to know that Corsair VX 450 can handle this much load.

I'm getting very poor graphics on Crysis, even my friends who are using NVidia 8600GT and getting better graphics than me. Could you please tell me whether this is a Bug or is there any fix available for Catalyst 8.3..

I'm getting poor Terrain and Black out in most of the Screen Display Areas, in the beginning of the game Crysis itself. Even i'm not able to see a single Frame properly, I don't what is the problem. I uninstalled the Drivers and tried again.. Still things are the same..

I don't know whether it's a power supply problem..

But for other games Quake 4, Max Payne 2, NFS Carbon, Unreal T 3 it's giving me the performance that it can deliver.. So i think this could not be the power supply problem..

I saw an ATI HotFix pack for Crysis based on Catalyst 7.xx, but i thought this might have been fixed with 8.xx versions..

Please help me to a solution at the earliest.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
What drivers are u using? Use latest driver Catalyst 8.3. Download the patch from www.ati.com. Performance will definitely improve.
Also installing new patch for the game can also help. I dont know the patch version. But somebody else will definitely help you out regarding this matter.

OP
nithinmohantk

nithinmohantk

Hostage Negotiator
What drivers are u using? Use latest driver Catalyst 8.3. Download the patch from www.ati.com. Performance will definitely improve.
Also installing new patch for the game can also help. I dont know the patch version. But somebody else will definitely help you out regarding this matter.

I used the Crysis Patch 1.2 and ATI Driver Patch for Crysis which based on Catalyst 7.xx and Also i Tried Catalyst 8.3 and Xtreme-G Catalyst 8.3(Tweaked version of Catalyst 8.3 from XTreme-G) and Radeon Omega Drivers also.. nothing does much..

ATI Catalyst Crysis Hotfix Display Driver for Windows XP / Vista
*www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/9791/

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Then I think ur proccy is being bottleneck with the gfx card. Try overclocking ur proccy and then see if performance improves or not.

OP
nithinmohantk

nithinmohantk

Hostage Negotiator
U patched Crysis ?? I mean , running catalyst 8.3 with Crysis v ?? .. v1.2 is definitely recommended ..

Yes I Patched with 1.2 and Catalyst 8.3..

Today i got a HotFix from ATI.AMD..

Let me check whether it solves the problem..

the procy is surely a bottleneck in this case.oc the procy.

But Hellgate i don't think this is the problem with Procy. Because all other games and even Graphics intensive games other than CRYSIS are working fine... This is a point..

Anyway i'm not much good in hardware.. please advice...

My System Config Available at..

*dreamworksindia.no-ip.org

Please Advice...

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
But Hellgate i don't think this is the problem with Procy. Because all other games and even Graphics intensive games other than CRYSIS are working fine... This is a point..

Anyway i'm not much good in hardware.. please advice...

My System Config Available at..

*dreamworksindia.no-ip.org

Please Advice...

Crysis is a very demanding game.its not only gfx intensive but also physics intensive.and physics calculation is don by cpu if no dedicated physics card is present.in ur case the cpu is not able to feed enuf data to the gpu.if u can just borrow a good X2 procy like 5000+ or above and see if the prob persists.
else just oc ur present procy to 3Ghz if u can.for cards like 3870 a dual core cpu is recomended for optimum system performance.

OP
nithinmohantk

nithinmohantk

Hostage Negotiator
Crysis is a very demanding game.its not only gfx intensive but also physics intensive.and physics calculation is don by cpu if no dedicated physics card is present.in ur case the cpu is not able to feed enuf data to the gpu.if u can just borrow a good X2 procy like 5000+ or above and see if the prob persists.
else just oc ur present procy to 3Ghz if u can.for cards like 3870 a dual core cpu is recomended for optimum system performance.

Thanks Buddy.. I can't go for an upgrade now. .so i'm planning to leave crysis alone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom