Virus Or something!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniruddhaghosh27

New to this forum
I am unable to make out whether it is virus or not, the problem is that whenever i am connected to internet, the C drive of my computer is starts filling up. I am sticking to surfing only, no downloads still it is filling up my windows drive.:cry::cry::cry:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
download bitdefender rescue disk, make a bootable usb, boot via usb and scan your whole pc.

- - - Updated - - -

and you posted this query in wrong section.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am unable to make out whether it is virus or not, the problem is that whenever i am connected to internet, the C drive of my computer is starts filling up. I am sticking to surfing only, no downloads still it is filling up my windows drive.:cry::cry::cry:

can you check exactly which files are filling up the C drive as it may be browser cache. Anyway, use CCleaner to clear any temporary files and use windirstat to find out exactly which files are eating out the free space.

Flash

Lost in speed
Are you updating "Windows Updates" regularly?
Coz, the old updates are kept as backups.,.

eureka

Banned
Nope. When you install updates the older files are saved just in case you want to perform a system restore. Removeing backup files removes these old files. It doesn't uninstalls the updates.
Thanks Harsh, deleted the backup files, it was taking around 650 MB, deleted some error reporting files too. Do you anything else on C drive which could be deleted safely? Mine is pretty low on storage too, even after deleting the above :(

Thanks Harsh. Do you anything else on C drive which could be deleted safely? Mine is pretty low on storage too :(

> It's Harshil Sharma, not Harsh.

> If you do not use hibernate feature then you can disable it and save about 3 GB os disk space.Run this command in command prompt with admin rights- 'powercgf.exe /hibernate off'

>
Run disk cleanup. Open start menu adn type 'disk cleanup'. It will remove all junk. Finally run CCleaner.

eureka

Banned
> It's Harshil Sharma, not Harsh.

> If you do not use hibernate feature then you can disable it and save about 3 GB os disk space.Run this command in command prompt with admin rights- 'powercgf.exe /hibernate off'

>
Run disk cleanup. Open start menu adn type 'disk cleanup'. It will remove all junk. Finally run CCleaner.

Sorry mate, for wrongly saying your name, didn't notice the User ID carefully.

Hibernate? LOL. I don't even know what that feature does. I however put my desktop to sleep a lot, I hope that Hibernate has nothing to do with that. Will disable that surely.

Okay, will run CCleaner, have it installed for a long time, but never really used it.

Flash

Lost in speed
Scan your C-drive for large files (lots of utilities are available), and see which file/folder has highest.
If you're sure of the files, delete those. Sometimes quarantined files by AV, takes up large size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom