Virtual Private Network [VPN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor1989

Broken In
I am in a bit of a fix now. I am studying in a post-graduate college and we have an awesome internet connection. But the problem I'm facing is that all UDP ports are blocked. Not just UDP, almost all ports are blocked except a few standard TCP ports like 80, 443, etc. So I can't connect outside my college network through a UDP port. Now I'm a frequent user of Steam and play online regularly. But from here, it isn't possible. I tried a lot of softwares but all were useless. Then I tried VPN. It allowed me to connect to a VPN server outside through a TCP port and then connect to Steam. The problem is all these servers are international servers and I get huge latency. I found an Indian VPN Server [*www.overplay.net/] located in Hyderabad but it's a paid service [Rs. 500 monthly]. Before I make a purchase, can anyone tell me if it's possible to solve my problem without a VPN. If not, which is the best VPN service in India? I want to get normal latency on Steam. With the current free VPN I'm using [OpenVPN with free VPNBook license], I can download updates on Steam and can play the game but latency [>1500] is the problem. I haven't used OverPlay yet, so I don't even know if it'll work. What should I do?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
wrong section & duplicate thread...

u are an old user u must be familiar with forum rules...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/165616-virtual-private-network-vpn.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom