Vice City on Windows 7, No Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yesterday i tried to install GTA:VC on my Windows 7 64 bit, everything installed fine and when i start the game, to my shock, audio is not working in game. The one of the reason i installed VC is because of it's radio's stations and voice acting, now WTF!!! I even googled the issued, bit of no use. Can anyone spot out the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I've done that and game is running fine, but when i go check in options, it's showing me no audio hardware found. The installation went smooth.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Were not installers different during those days. 64BIT installer was different to a 32BIT installer. Check..?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yesterday i tried to install GTA:VC on my Windows 7 64 bit, everything installed fine and when i start the game, to my shock, audio is not working in game. The one of the reason i installed VC is because of it's radio's stations and voice acting, now WTF!!! I even googled the issued, bit of no use. Can anyone spot out the issue?

Whats the size of the installer? and what is the size of the game when it completes installation?

P.S.: Sorry.. I clicked edit instead of quote. Thats why your 1st post has a footnote that i edited. Sorry.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Whats the size of the installer? and what is the size of the game when it completes installation?

P.S.: Sorry.. I clicked edit instead of quote. Thats why your 1st post has a footnote that i edited. Sorry.

Before installation - 450MB
After installation - around some 800MB , i guess (need to check it in home)

But hey the sounds folder is intact and i tested all sounds in that folder.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Thats not a good sign. It seems like a z(r)ipped copy. Obviously radio channels will be removed.

IIRC, GTA VC, will take nearly 2GB with radio channels. Unless you chose to play the radio channels from the installation disc itself.

Keep the radio channels and dialogues aside. Aren't you able to hear any sound? like gun shots, opening music, etc.

pauldmps

Banned
Not a genuine copy I can say. GTA VC is about 3GBs after installation with sounds. Without sounds about 600 MB.

And it displays the same error "No Audio hardware found" when the sound file are missing.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Confirm.. is it a rip you TECHNIC-ally did? :p

Or, the stand alone installation?

Not a genuine copy I can say. GTA VC is about 3GBs after installation with sounds. Without sounds about 600 MB.

And it displays the same error "No Audio hardware found" when the sound file are missing.

yes, it's not genuine copy, but FYI, if this is the case, only radio files will not be there. But in my case, i didn't even able to hear any sounds like gun shot etc.

pauldmps

Banned
Nothing will work without the complete sound files except for the intro video. (The intro video will also not work if you don't have the video file in the mpg folder)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ In my case, the intro video itself not working, but in mpg folder, i can able to find that video and when i try to play it in VLC, it's working fine. It's weird. isn't it?

pauldmps

Banned
Then there might be problems with 64-bit OS. Still, files are missing.

First of all, get a complete copy of the game (legit copy recommended). It should cost you 100-200 bucks only. Then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom